Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bluetooth Microphone Placement

Old 08-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Bluetooth Microphone Placement

Hey Everyone, I got my BlackbirdII for my Alpine Headunit yesterday. Unfortunately that box didn't have the Bluetooth Microphone cable in it. No worries though, Crutchfield is sending me one.

My question is. Those of you who have bluetooth for your phones and such, where did you place the microphone. I'm trying to find a place that won't be obvious but will also be clear when I'm talking to people. I'm thinking about putting right next to my scangauge II, attached on the left side of it.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
elmdor is on a distinguished road
elmdor's Tacoma Gallery
I but mine on the pillar on the drivers side, it is pretty easy to get it up there and is clear as a whistle on my Pioneer unit.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
You have any pictures of how it looks. I don't have my mic so I don't know how the mic looks. Can't be much different than yours. Thanks for the reply! Welcome to TW by the way.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
elmdor is on a distinguished road
elmdor's Tacoma Gallery
This is where I put it... and by me I mean by roommate who is a mechanic at Lexus and does this stuff all day long.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Microphone Placement-img_0278.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
scutch10 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1 Comm Sq.
scutch10's Tacoma Gallery
The one I got with my Pioneer came with a clip, so i clipped on the dash, just above the steering wheel (bottom of speedo frame).
Old 08-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
edj is on a distinguished road
edj's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine above the steering wheel column close to the dash. No complaints from callers and I don't even notice its there.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Microphone Placement-cimg1540.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Driver side A-pillar is where mine is located. Works great and nvr had a complaint.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli

above the rear view mirror works best.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Our cabs are pretty noisy. I am concerned the A-pillar might be the noisiest location. Wondering what location will pick up the least noise when I install this that I just ordered

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666269888

I would also like to place it more central so that the passenger voice is picked up well also.

How much do you think sound deadening would help? I'd hate to spend a lot more $$ for little result.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
^ I agree. I would worry about putting it anywhere near the windows or pillar. It will pick up a lot of road noise. I think the top of the steering column is the best place and I would mount it on a foam pad - or wrap foam around the whole thing. The foam functions like radio or game show microphones and reduces the background noise and 'pops'.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
Actually, I may have a little wind sock for a lavalier mike that could work. Think I will not run it through the dash and bury the wire until I've tried a few locations.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
sorry no pic, but mine is mounted on the drivers side of the overhead console. Not one complaint on the other end of the line & I use it everyday.
That's a good Idea. How did you run the wire up there, along an a-pillar? I will say one thing, the roof of the Tacoma sounds like a tin roof when it rains. Does it bother you when its raining?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is above the rearview mirror.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my blu logic mic
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a pic, but I have it sticking out of where the headliner meets the windshield, about 4 inches to the left of the rearview mirror. easiest and most hidden spot that I could find. works good but sometimes I lean foward when i talk so i dont need to talk loudly
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Real nicely done! that looks awesome