Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Upgraded Head Unit today

Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
VTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud of

Name: Pt.
VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Upgraded Head Unit today

At just about zero dark with the install done by a friend of mine.
In the snow.
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494 In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA/iPod Receiver with USB/Aux Input

Didnt have time to get the speakers replaced this morning.
But the HU went in pretty much as expected.But my install ninja is good.
(I drank coffee and opened packages and stayed as much out of the way as I could and watched.)

But if anyone is looking for new headunit.So far this one is great.Sounds really good on the 9 year old stock speakers. Has a heap of tone control.(parametric eqs. LPF/HPF. zone controls a bunch of stuff I got no idea about yet)

Oh and a seemingly handy remote control.

Slange.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post

X2
Old 12-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
VTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud of

VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Some pictures

Trying this picasa thing so..

Various stages of the install.And outside just now.

Look ya can see the clock from the drivers side.

Bobby did a great job..Guess I owe him some artwork and snacks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/pdinardi...07011725215186

Old 12-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! What made you choose the 494 over the 794?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #6

VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Choice

Thanx!

Got what I thought was a pretty darn good price on it.
106 bux delivered.

research I did on a bunch of sites lent some positive words.Audio Retailsers.Consumer review stuff..Googlejitsu.
And really just needed something to tie the droid into the system.
Plus it glows blue.Crazy amount of out puts and an impressive array of audio controls.

Certainly making the stock speakers sound a heap better with just some educated yet random messing with the controls.( Many years musician/producer/) So I know what the stuff does..just not how to get to it..And never had much more then a slightly better upgrade head or decent stock stereo in vehicles.Save my loud for the moshpit or dance floor.

Really very happy with the unit..and curious to see how the Kenwood speakers I got are gonna sound too.

Will try to get some more better pics for round 2.

Cheers.
pt.