1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine noise blocker PIE NF-40

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cstorer, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    cstorer

cstorer [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds WA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double cab TRD off-road
    Hey guys, I've been trying everything to get rid of the alternator whine in my new system. I recently bought this online: http://www.pie.net/index.php?page=s...tegory_id=145&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=40

And I hooked it up inline with my amp and... no effect. I'm wondering if anyone has used this, or something like it, successfully - and if so how they did it. I hooked up the blue lead to my power wire, ran the red to the power connection on the amp, and I grounded the brown wire separately. The only reason I can see why it didn't work, is that my amp is still grounded via the chassis.

Maybe I installed in incorrectly? It didn't come with any instructions...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    Mototoy

Mototoy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Boise Idaho
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Offroad
    If you are getting inducted noise there is another problem in which there is a better fix. These ground loop isolators are the laughing stock of professional installers. Here are a few things to check: Check your ground, make sure it is to the BODY of the vehicle and free of Any paint. Are your RCA's good quality and are the ran on the opposite side of the vehicle from the power wire? Is the deck grounded good? You can also try grounding the outer metal of the RCA's at the amp and behind the deck. Sometimes the internal RCA ground will break loose inside the amp or deck (pioneer decks are notorious for this). If none of that works then you have yourself a bad amp or the preouts on the deck are bad. One last thing that i would check is if the battery is grounded good to the frame/chassis. On a vehicle as new as yours though im sure that is fine. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top