Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Kicker L7 10 inch in Double cab

Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
Kicker L7 10 inch in Double cab

I know it's been asked before but not answered. Has anyone been able to fit 1 or 2 behind the rear seats?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Mototoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Casey
Mototoy's Tacoma Gallery
On the 1st Gen Doublecabs i would say no! In the 2nd Gen even if you could make the depth work it would be struggling for airspace. If you cleared the plastic panels and all of the trim behind the seat you MAY have enough depth for a single 8" l7. The L7s require more airspace than almost any other subs on the market. I had a single 8" L7 in a slot ported box in an s10 singlecab once and it sounded like 2 high end 12's. Dont let the size fool you!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
Min sealed vol on the 10 is .66 though. that's not much
Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmumbels View Post
I know it's been asked before but not answered. Has anyone been able to fit 1 or 2 behind the rear seats?
Just buy this and be done with it would you!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...small-box.html

Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Just buy this and be done with it would you!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...small-box.html

is that sub sealed? looks like you have some issues with the fit?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Sealed yes. Issues with the fit? Tell me more about what you're seeing?

If it's the gap between the box and the trim, that is due to my lack of straight line cutting on the trim itself. Box is firmly planted and level, L7 did not touch the seat back on excursion

The box fits perfectly between the seat mounts on the drivers side. Also fits on the passenger side. I had it on the passenger side too with an amp board right next to it.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmumbels View Post
At 6 3/8" deep the 10's require repositioning of the rear seat as well as possibly modification to the seat back in order to fit properly with enough clearance.