Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

speaker baffles

Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
C5RACNG is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
C5RACNG's Tacoma Gallery
speaker baffles

would these be beneficial or hurt sound quality? I was thinking of using them for rear install in my access doors as an alternative to the dynamat process. my front doors will be dynamat

Boom Mat baffles protect your car's new speakers from moisture and dirt. Mounted behind the speaker, the baffle forms a mounting seal that also improves sound clarity by reducing panel vibration that could transfer to the speaker.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wondered the same thing. I had a pair in my car 15 years ago. They would definately keep your speakers looking new.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Hard or soft they will ruin midbass performance. You need about a cubic foot for the soft suspensionused on speakers intended for car doors. If you use less space you lose low end output just like a sub. I used them with the rear cut in half as rain guards. They need to be 10x bigger to use behind a mid.

Also in no way a substitute for a constrained layer dampener. The only dynamat I used in my truck was free. There are better cld out there for less money.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
C5RACNG is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
C5RACNG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Hard or soft they will ruin midbass performance. You need about a cubic foot for the soft suspensionused on speakers intended for car doors. If you use less space you lose low end output just like a sub. I used them with the rear cut in half as rain guards. They need to be 10x bigger to use behind a mid.

Also in no way a substitute for a constrained layer dampener. The only dynamat I used in my truck was free. There are better cld out there for less money.
thanks for your feedback Devl, I will take your advise.
could you name a substitute alternative thats better than dynamat
it does seem pricey for what it is.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RACNG View Post
thanks for your feedback Devl, I will take your advise.
could you name a substitute alternative thats better than dynamat
it does seem pricey for what it is.
RAAMmat.

TW members get a discount if I recall correctly...

It's what I have and I am happy with the results.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Regular Second Skin Damplifier. Dynamat is not as sticky IMO.