1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just-installs car audio??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 95.5 taco, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    95.5 taco

95.5 taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle Osborne
    Cochran GA
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 Tacoma, 1998 4runner, 2003 Tacoma
  2. Dec 16, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    That's pretty cheap for a fiberglass enclosure. I don't even touch fiberglass for under 300-

3. Dec 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    Is it worth it? Do you like the look/style of it? Would you prefer a square box that just sits on one of your seats? If you are in doubt of the cost, print off a picture and take it down to one of your local install/fab shops and ask for an estimate of what they'd charge to duplicate that box (don't bring the price along with the picture) and then ask what they'd charge for a similar but less stylish box - more straight sides and right angles) and compare that to the $268. Also keep in mind that if you go the local route, you'll probably be without your truck for a day or so while the make the box, whereas if you order it you'll only have to wait for the box to come - I'm assuming that you might be able to install the box yourself, otherwise you'll be without your truck for a while still.

IMO, based on your statement of "I love it and am really wanting it" I would say yes it is worth getting, especially at the discounted price.

4. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    I do...in fact he has a pic of mine on that link lol see my sig. Any ? pm me.

Products Discussed in

To Top