1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory satellite antenna install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rhody76, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dec 16, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    Rhody76

Rhody76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Rear leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75",1" blocks, UWS low profile toolbox in black, husky liners, tint, LED interior and reverse lights, yellow fogs
    Hi all,
    I am getting ready to install my stiletto 2 in my 2011 DC Sr5 but I would prefer to have the factory antenna and use the factory head unit for aesthetic reasons. I am wondering if the factory antenna install is a possibility or if I just need to accept that the cheesy magnetic series antenna has to be used. If the factory antenna is not an option does anyone know of an aftwrmarket satellite antenna that is closer to the stock one? Thanks in advance!

2. Dec 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    Rhody76

Rhody76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Rear leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75",1" blocks, UWS low profile toolbox in black, husky liners, tint, LED interior and reverse lights, yellow fogs
    Quick follow up... I talked to my dealer and he said that all 2011 Tacomas have all existing wiring already but I don't see antenna. Is it integrated into the aerial antenna?

3. Dec 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    TacoMal

TacoMal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road Dbl cab
    Wet Okole's, Relentless Sliders, Plasti Dipped badges and wheels
    You can use the factory antenna but you may need to buy some parts first. I did the install on my truck following the below post. It has great pics and step by step install instructions. You may have to purchase a Sirius tuner, an interface and a shark fin adapter cable to plug into the antenna. All of that is outlined in the build link.

Oh, this was for using the factory head unit. It's probably different if you are using the Sirius radio but you said you wanted to use the factory head unit right? So you wouldn't need the stiletto??

Its an easy install. Good luck!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/28731-sirius-factory-radio-install-2009-tacoma.html

4. Dec 16, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    TSS Radio makes an adapter

Products Discussed in

To Top