Notices

Factory satellite antenna install

Old 12-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Factory satellite antenna install

Hi all,
I am getting ready to install my stiletto 2 in my 2011 DC Sr5 but I would prefer to have the factory antenna and use the factory head unit for aesthetic reasons. I am wondering if the factory antenna install is a possibility or if I just need to accept that the cheesy magnetic series antenna has to be used. If the factory antenna is not an option does anyone know of an aftwrmarket satellite antenna that is closer to the stock one? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Quick follow up... I talked to my dealer and he said that all 2011 Tacomas have all existing wiring already but I don't see antenna. Is it integrated into the aerial antenna?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
You can use the factory antenna but you may need to buy some parts first. I did the install on my truck following the below post. It has great pics and step by step install instructions. You may have to purchase a Sirius tuner, an interface and a shark fin adapter cable to plug into the antenna. All of that is outlined in the build link.

Oh, this was for using the factory head unit. It's probably different if you are using the Sirius radio but you said you wanted to use the factory head unit right? So you wouldn't need the stiletto??

Its an easy install. Good luck!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...09-tacoma.html