Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Any other factory dvd/navigation/bluetooth options?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Any other factory dvd/navigation/bluetooth options?

Hey guys, I looked around some and didnt' see any info...

Can I get a camry (or other toyota factory option) navigation unit and will it plug right in? What about a lexus option? What about dash peices?
I like the factory look and feel, and I like plug and play.

Anyone try this? I sometimes has access to a lot of wrecked 02+ toyota cars and hope to rip one out one day....but would like to know if it will work before I rape a car. Or I could find one on ebay.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You might be able to use the DD unit from another car with the dash kit for a DD unit. There is nothing that will just simply slide into the Tacoma dash since the Tacoma dash is unique to the Tacoma.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
fair enough, that is what I figured...
Do you think it will plug right up? I am hoping not to lose steering wheel functions...and not to have to add several other items (like gps antenna if that exists) but willing to if I have to.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I know some guys run Scion units in their Tacos but I'm not sure if they had steering wheel controls or not. If you are sporting a JBL unit like me then you are stick with what you have or aftermarket since the JBL system uses an external amp to power the speakers.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
You can retain factory steering wheel controls with aftermarket head units. Toyota navigation sucks so bad I would have gone aftermarket anyway. Your idea is beyond poor and you need to stop that line of thought. There are only negatives to keeping ANY factory AV equipment.