Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Post your single Dins

Old 01-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Post your single Dins

I have a foldout and wanted a double din due to the fact that the single din puts the radio so high up on the dash. I've noticed almost everyone on here has went with the double dins. Any single dins out there, and how you like how the player sits?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a single din with black metra kit from crutchfield for $109.
The shape of the dash & the mounting brackets (I used the oem metal brackets with the kit) sets the angle.
I do not mind how it sits in the dash, the improvement was staggering over the stock non-jbl radio even without swapping out the cheap stock speakers.
I like it.
For the price, I got IPOD controls, a front usb & aux port.
Here is my single din
Old 01-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Any foldouts?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post2577714

Here is mine.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
silvr07taco is on a distinguished road

silvr07taco's Tacoma Gallery

i like my single din, but ive been thinking about making m own bracket to get it to fit on the lower side of the dash....
Old 07-28-2011, 03:05 AM   #7
1952toyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
1952toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Your Metra kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I bought a single din with black metra kit from crutchfield for $109.
The shape of the dash & the mounting brackets (I used the oem metal brackets with the kit) sets the angle.
I do not mind how it sits in the dash, the improvement was staggering over the stock non-jbl radio even without swapping out the cheap stock speakers.
I like it.
For the price, I got IPOD controls, a front usb & aux port.
Here is my single din
Is your blk. metra kit smooth or textured ?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Not going to lie but the double dins just look alot better in our trucks. I have a single din with the same kit that xjuice has. I have a Kenwood Excelon 995. I didnt get a double din because the single dins are more bang for the buck. I have USB, Built in Bluetooth and way more processing then the normal comsumer would need. I can change the illumination to match the rest of the car and mess with the digital time alignment. MSRP for that deck is around 349.99.