LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stereo Install Finally done!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Stereo Install Finally done!!!

I send a special thanks to Kartracer who really helped me out with the whole stereo build.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
I had the sub box professionally build. As for the door speakers they are powered by a Alpine 450/4 amp that is underneath the passenger seat. It is completely hidden so I couldn't get a good picture of it.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sub is going to blow your doors out i bet it sounds good
Old 01-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Love it!! Great job. I am in the middle of an install myself.
Tell me more about your sub box: Is is a 12"? Who built the box? I like it. I am planning to do something similar, but am considering keeping it behind the driver side seat, so i have access to the storage on at least the pass rear seat. I keep my windshield scraper, tie down straps...etc in there.
You in Ontario?

Also what is that little doodad on the front of pass-side rear seat? Crossover? I know lots of questions, but i am very impressed by the aesthetics of your new system!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
wow now thats a box... You dont like sealed box?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Thanks for all of the kind comments. I am from Calgary, Alberta and bought my sub/amp and sub box from Audio Concepts. I will start by telling everyone what I have. The sub is a JL 13.5" W7, 1000/1V2 amp, Alpine type R speakers all 4 doors, Alpine 450/4 amp and an Alpine 9886 HU. I have very limited usage of my storage compartments underneath my seats. (I have a pace edwards bedcover so most of my stuff goes there). The sub box is 2.3 cubic feet and tuned to 30Hz. The box has a slot port that is the exact same as the recommended enclosure for the 13.5W7. As for why I picked a ported box I just wanted it to be loud and it still keeps good SQ because I only tuned it to 30Hz.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice system you should upload a video showing the capabilities of your system
Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #9

sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the quick info!
sometime when you are taking a break from enjoying the system pls post some more pics of the sub enclosure and placement. This is quite possibly the best i have seen to date and I have been doing research for the past 2 weeks...
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Hopefully you guys can open it. It is pictures of my complete build. There is tons of pics of the sub box and the install. Thanks for all of the complements.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
RAMZAK has a spectacular aura aboutRAMZAK has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mark
RAMZAK's Tacoma Gallery
Did you really drill out the factory tweeter grills to mount aftermarket tweeters?

SUPER GHETTO! And your gonna have a hard time selling that truck one day to anyone over the age of 17 or someone legal.

Your supposed to mount them behind the grill so it actually makes your doors look original. Thats some flea market install $hit if you ask me.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I like!!! Does the sub hit the cup holders?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #13

sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m482/sproulesxrunner/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Hopefully you guys can open it. It is pictures of my complete build. There is tons of pics of the sub box and the install. Thanks for all of the complements.
Thank you. The pics worked out great!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMZAK View Post
Did you really drill out the factory tweeter grills to mount aftermarket tweeters?

SUPER GHETTO! And your gonna have a hard time selling that truck one day to anyone over the age of 17 or someone legal.

Your supposed to mount them behind the grill so it actually makes your doors look original. Thats some flea market install $hit if you ask me.
I can always buy tweeter covers from the stealership if I want. Most likely I will be selling the stereo with the truck so I am not too concerned. Thanks for you concerns anyways.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I like!!! Does the sub hit the cup holders?
No the sub has enough room to reach full excursion and not hit the cup holders. At Audio Concepts the measured it out before they built it.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
teamplayer is on a distinguished road

Name: mario
teamplayer's Tacoma Gallery
i like the box,it matches the interior, good build .
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
Thanks to all the other guys and girls for the nice comments.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #19
Betty Blue
Fennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: VFA
Name: Matt
Fennywald's Tacoma Gallery
hey man good job on your build, don't listen to the negative feedback if you like your setup.

I'm hoping to do my own system eventually... well some of it
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #20
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennywald View Post
don't listen to the negative feedback if you like your setup.
x1000000