Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Alarm

Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Alarm

So I lost a set of keys and thinking of getting a alarm for the truck ... My choices are

Don't worry got full coverage

Get dealer alarm(won't help since lost the remote aswell

Or get aftermarket alarm and can u guys recomend one
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
HogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the rough

HogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, car alarms are almost useless. The little blinky red light is as much a deterrent as anything. Every time I hear a car alarm go off, I think, "Wow, that's annoying. Somebody's cat/the wind/kids/faeries must have set their alarm off!"

I think you can buy a blinky light?

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Theft-Det...ef=pd_sbs_sg_4
Old 01-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogTaco View Post
IMO, car alarms are almost useless. The little blinky red light is as much a deterrent as anything. Every time I hear a car alarm go off, I think, "Wow, that's annoying. Somebody's cat/the wind/kids/faeries must have set their alarm off!"

I don't think alarms are useless./ Cheap ones are just that CHEAP. Get a good alarm system with glass breakage and ignition kill and tow alarm. Might save your truck. Items laying around inside that can be seen is the biggest reason low lives break in. Hide your stuff.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just keep it the garage at night and hope who ever has my keys doesn't make it disappear
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i might have to look into an aftermarket alarm myself
Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you live in NW Arkansas...just sayin'. Try living in Mid City New Orleans. People pull guns out if someone is stealing their stuff, and thieves know it. Doesn't stop them from doing it all the time, but a potential break in can be discouraged in the right location and situation. Its all about risk for a theif.

Viper, Clifford and Python all come from the same company and are indistinguishable from each other except for current sales. Those pretty much run the market.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
HogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the rough

HogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Point taken on Arkansas. Not a lot of crime. You'd have to be pretty bold, or stupid, to mess with a man's truck around here, especially when it's parked at a residence (you'd have to sneak up a gravel driveway and get past the dogs most of the time). Trailers, tractors, and ATVs are stolen more often than passenger vehicles.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
This made me think of some comedian i saw the other night. "you know those annoying car alarms people have? They should make the alarm the ice cream truck sound, so then you would at least get all the fat kids attention towards your car when ever it goes off"

But seriously do they make a different car alarm sound? I think the problem is the same alarm sound everywhere.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Viper alarm
Old 01-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Point taken on Arkansas. Not a lot of crime. You'd have to be pretty bold, or stupid, to mess with a man's truck around here, especially when it's parked at a residence (you'd have to sneak up a gravel driveway and get past the dogs most of the time). Trailers, tractors, and ATVs are stolen more often than passenger vehicles.
I was just messing with ya'. But this city (New Orleans) is getting crazy, people shooting up the place and whatnot.

As far as car break-ins. There are groups of kids in the suburbs that go on sprees in neighborhoods and break into 8-10 cars in one night. They look for the unlocked cars, then the non-alarmed ones, so they can hit lots of cars. If they hit cars with alarms they have to split the scene, thus they would not break into as many cars.

Some thieves will grab and run regardless, but I think an alarm does help some as a deterrent.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Most thieves know to look for the blinking blue LED and the antenna of a paging Viper alarm and look elsewhere. If your alarm does ot pge you its worthless IMO.