Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How do you Remove the Factory Storage Trays From Dbl Cab Rear Seats?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Tacomaman2008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacomaman2008's Tacoma Gallery
How do you Remove the Factory Storage Trays From Dbl Cab Rear Seats?

So real easy one here.

How to you actually remove the Factory Storage Trays from Behind the Rear Seats in a Dbl Cab?

I know they have to go in order to get a box to fit in there.

Also, The Child Seat Clips the are in the Seat, You know the Ones that are in the crease of the Seat and allow you to Clip in the Newer style Child Seats. Will I lose them once I put a box there or will they stay? I 'm just thinking ahead here and maybe starting a family soon and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by doing this.

I'm progressing nicely in my Audio System upgrade, I've already got the Speakers all upgraded to Infinity Speakers and I just bought the Pioneer FH-P8000BT yesterday. So Subs are next on my list.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
when i did my sub i took out one of it which would be the one behind the driver side back seat all you do is take out 3 bolts and it should pop out it would be a litle tuff pulling it but dont worry it will not brake any more question or problem get back at me
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
  1. The driver's side comes off first, it lips over the passenger side.
  2. Take out the bolts
  3. The bottom portion has those pop tab things. They are easy to break, so don't feel too bad when you lose them . They can slip off if you slide the tray to the... left I think... but good luck in doing that.
Picture with passenger side removed. The white things are the tabs in step 3.

Nevermind those amps, they were just there for some measurements.

Forgot to mention, removing the child seat things depends on your setup. If I remember right, the box Mr. Marv is building for me requires that I remove only one child seat thing, which I can weld on later if I ever needed it again.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
For my box, I cut out all of the child restraint things with a dremel. Necessary or not, it took all of 20 minutes and I can always pop them back in later.

Still, it is nice to not have to mess with it. Some manufacturers make boxes with no cutting required. I believe supercrew sound is one of them.

I would STRONGLY recommend Mr.Marv if you're looking for a custom fit box. He can make anything you want.