1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you Remove the Factory Storage Trays From Dbl Cab Rear Seats?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tacomaman2008, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Aug 26, 2008 at 6:39 AM
    Tacomaman2008

Tacomaman2008 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Framingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Stock
    So real easy one here.

How to you actually remove the Factory Storage Trays from Behind the Rear Seats in a Dbl Cab?

I know they have to go in order to get a box to fit in there.

Also, The Child Seat Clips the are in the Seat, You know the Ones that are in the crease of the Seat and allow you to Clip in the Newer style Child Seats. Will I lose them once I put a box there or will they stay? I 'm just thinking ahead here and maybe starting a family soon and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by doing this.

I'm progressing nicely in my Audio System upgrade, I've already got the Speakers all upgraded to Infinity Speakers and I just bought the Pioneer FH-P8000BT yesterday. So Subs are next on my list.

2. Aug 26, 2008 at 7:15 AM
    mrtrd103

mrtrd103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fall river MA
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab trd sport
    TRD model, westin bull bar, westin grille, factory step and roof rack, A.R.E bed cover, head and taillight cover, gibson muffler, 3 in trialmaster lift, 265 70 17 cooper stt tires, bug deflector, window visor, 2 head rest t.v, hitch step, Xploder sub and amp, led inside,
    when i did my sub i took out one of it which would be the one behind the driver side back seat all you do is take out 3 bolts and it should pop out it would be a litle tuff pulling it but dont worry it will not brake any more question or problem get back at me

3. Aug 26, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    1. The driver's side comes off first, it lips over the passenger side.
    2. Take out the bolts
    3. The bottom portion has those pop tab things. They are easy to break, so don't feel too bad when you lose them :(. They can slip off if you slide the tray to the... left I think... but good luck in doing that.
    Picture with passenger side removed. The white things are the tabs in step 3.

Nevermind those amps, they were just there for some measurements.

Forgot to mention, removing the child seat things depends on your setup. If I remember right, the box Mr. Marv is building for me requires that I remove only one child seat thing, which I can weld on later if I ever needed it again.

4. Aug 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    For my box, I cut out all of the child restraint things with a dremel. Necessary or not, it took all of 20 minutes and I can always pop them back in later.

Still, it is nice to not have to mess with it. Some manufacturers make boxes with no cutting required. I believe supercrew sound is one of them.

I would STRONGLY recommend Mr.Marv if you're looking for a custom fit box. He can make anything you want.

Products Discussed in

To Top