1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio Wired to Ignition and More

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SussexSRunner, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jan 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    SussexSRunner

SussexSRunner [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    01 S Runner
    Have had my 01 S Runner less than a week, but I have some wiring glitch here. PO installed an after-mkt in-dash CD/AM-FM radio (there's no badge so I don't even know what it is). I'm thinking Wally World $29.95.

Issues:

1. radio comes on automatically when I turn on the ignition and even when I turn it off, it comes back on at every start up.

2. the clock on the radio reflects the same exact time as the dash clock. Both are way off but neither can be adjusted.

3. the dome light will only work when both doors are shut and the ignition on. No dome light when the driver door is open unless I switch to "on."

So...did the PO just totally screw up the wiring when she installed the new radio and connected everything together? Can this be fixed? I have no clock, no dome, and a POS radio that I will replace anyway, but the whole mess is driving me crazy. Any insights and ideas for at least a temporary fix?

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    mikracer

mikracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB | TRD Sport 4x4
    I would take a look at how the wiring was done. Its pretty easy to take the radio out of a gen 1 tacoma. Its only 3 screws and a couple pop up retainers. Once you see how the radio is wired, you can get a better idea of how bad its screwed up. I dont know why your clock is synced with your dash clock or why your dome light only works with the doors closed though.

Products Discussed in

To Top