Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Focal "underseat" powered subwoofer

Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Focal "underseat" powered subwoofer

I am looking at installing underseat Focal powered subwoofer. It is self-enclosed and would fit nicely under the driver seat (Pax seat has an ARC amp). I would appreciate hearing from anybody who has had any experience with this unit.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...20_p-24084.htm

Sorry about the .uk link but it was the only like I could find with a picture of the unit.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, I can't believe Focal makes that trash. Really, I'm almost suspecting it might be counterfit. Second, it only goes down to 50hz! That's no subwoofer, it's pansY! (<capital Y for...whyyyyyyyy would you buy it?!!?)
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
In all honesty don't waste your money. you'll just be disappointed and will want something bigger and better. Trust me.....been there done that. Get exactly what you want the first time instead of buying one wishing you would have gotten another. Costs less money to get the one you really want in the first place
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^It's good advice. Listen to the man.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
That is just a 8" driver, with almost no enclosed volume. I doubt it will produce much bass.
depending if you have an access cab or DC, there are tons of solutions on here showcasing what people have done, suiting every taste an budget. Look around this forum.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Tacobart is on a distinguished road
Tacobart's Tacoma Gallery
Give Mr. Marv a call or email. You'll see. You will be drinking his Kool Aid in no time regarding 10" shallow mount subs in a small, sealed enclosure. It'll be light years better. He talked me off the under-the-seat ledge with good reasoning and technical know-how.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Even the Focal full size woofers dont play deep and are rather inefficient. The high end K2 speakers? Some of the best components made... but their amps and subs are not a good idea IMO. A guy locally dumped his 12" Focal sub for 2 IDQs and was much happier.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
X1000 for mr marv's knowledge on car audio and he is very nice and will take good care of you listen to him I can't stress that enough
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Even the Focal full size woofers dont play deep and are rather inefficient. The high end K2 speakers? Some of the best components made... but their amps and subs are not a good idea IMO. A guy locally dumped his 12" Focal sub for 2 IDQs and was much happier.
I don't care....I've always wanted one of these to do an inverted mount

Old 01-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudawg View Post
I am looking at installing underseat Focal powered subwoofer. It is self-enclosed and would fit nicely under the driver seat (Pax seat has an ARC amp). I would appreciate hearing from anybody who has had any experience with this unit.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...20_p-24084.htm

Sorry about the .uk link but it was the only like I could find with a picture of the unit.
Don't.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneckc View Post
Don't.
I did
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudawg View Post
I did
you bought and installed it?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #13
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
If you put that big speaker under your seat won't it tickle when it hts some sort of bass? You might crash or just play the same song over and over because it feels good.

IT's a risk I'm not willing to take.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #14
War Damn Eagle!
Endurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
Endurozw's Tacoma Gallery
^ lol
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneckc View Post
you bought and installed it?
I bought it and the audio shop installed it. They also put an ARC amp under the Pax seat then set up the equalizier on the AVIC z120bt to get the crossover just right. I kept the original Toyota installed door and rear speakers.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
And......?? It sounds good, decent, shitty??
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
And......?? It sounds good, decent, shitty??

I love the way you word that....

Here's some rep to the OP for going against the grain... you've got some balls

Old 01-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
canadaman is on a distinguished road
canadaman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Pope 953,
Sorry to bring life back to this. I too got a focal powered enclosure. Mine is the new ibus 20. It is basically the same with slightly more power. I ordered it out of France for $275 brand new. I was just wondering if your truck was a double cab? I am trying to find the best place to mount it. If I were to mount behind the rear seats, what do I attach it to?
Thanks!
CM
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaman View Post
Hey Pope 953,
Sorry to bring life back to this. I too got a focal powered enclosure. Mine is the new ibus 20. It is basically the same with slightly more power. I ordered it out of France for $275 brand new. I was just wondering if your truck was a double cab? I am trying to find the best place to mount it. If I were to mount behind the rear seats, what do I attach it to?
Thanks!
CM
My truck is an extended cab. And to get to the rear you have to lift the seats. No door access. My 2 10's are in a pretty big box. (i'll see about taking pictures tomorrow). being that they are in a big box they are just sitting on the seat. They don't slide or anything.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Focal supposedly has Tons of fake shit floating around