Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

8" bazooka tube

Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
8" bazooka tube

OK..... i've searched on this but can anyone tell me if it's physically possible to fit a pair of 8" powered bazooka tubes behind the rear seat with the dividers removed. I know that the 6"s fit but haven't heard anyone saying anything about the 8"s.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Buuuuump
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Get a piece of scrap 8" pvc pipe and sick it back there. Measure out a piece of cardboard or plastic with a compass... Just an idea...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure they will fit in a trash can.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Largest Member.....huhuh

rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the arkitect View Post
I'm sure they will fit in a trash can.
Ha! Don't hate on them things! You just have to give them enough power and they'll rock your shit! Trust me!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
jtice is on a distinguished road

jtice's Tacoma Gallery
I have looked at these also, but are they alittle over 8.5" dia?
There is only about 7.5 7.75" at the most behind the seats at the BOTTOM of the seat,
so I dont see any way one will fit.
I search and searched for a powered sub to go in the Yota, the only one worth looking at is the Sound Ordnance one that Crutchfield sells.
It gets fantastic reviews, but only goes down to 40Hz, I was afraid that just wouldnt give me the bottom end I wanted.
I am going to make a custom box with a Pioneer Shallow mount 10"
Here is a pic of the back with the plastics out, it gives you ALOT more storage space.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Largest Member.....huhuh

rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input man. I already took out the plastic dividers a few days ago. I'm planning on keeping them out regardless of whether i put speakers back there or not. I'm gonna do the insulation and carpet on the back when i get a chance. I figured that the 8" tubes would be a tight fit because you know that things are always a little bit bigger than the specs make them out to be. I measured and i would say that there would be about 8" exactly at the bottom, but those things aren't perfectly round. I'm just trying to avoid building or buying a box.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
Ha! Don't hate on them things! You just have to give them enough power and they'll rock your shit! Trust me!
I'm just bustin' your chops, there not for me but to each his own.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
Thanks for the input man. I already took out the plastic dividers a few days ago. I'm planning on keeping them out regardless of whether i put speakers back there or not. I'm gonna do the insulation and carpet on the back when i get a chance. I figured that the 8" tubes would be a tight fit because you know that things are always a little bit bigger than the specs make them out to be. I measured and i would say that there would be about 8" exactly at the bottom, but those things aren't perfectly round. I'm just trying to avoid building or buying a box.
Even if you got it to fit there is much les space withthe seats folded. DO you want to lose the abilityto fold the seat forward and have to bolt it in in the uprght position? Just because you are too lazy to build yourself a box?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #10
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Could always put some type of spacer for the seats so you can push them forward 3/4 inch. It would make your 7 and 3/4 space into a 8.5, but you would have to space all 12 bolts? Its been awhile since I did mine, so I kinda forgot.