Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Looking for new GPS

Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for new GPS

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-3-5-Inc...008756&sr=1-12

i've heard good things about Garmin. i dont use a GPS a ton, but its good to have. i cant see spending a ton of money on one, this one seems to be pretty reasonably priced. i currently have a magellan road mate (older model i forget) its about 5 years old now. its starting to piss me off lol. and i cant update it, and i kind of think its going senial if thats possible? sometimes it tells me to do things that just dont make sense. im reading the reviews of this Garmin as i type this. anyone have this model, or could offer advice to another model as to why they like that particular model? i'm not really looking to spend more than 125 to 150 dollars more than likely.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a Garmin, I have a TomTom and I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty easy to use right out of the box. I forget which model, but its a couple years old and works good. Plus you can download a Tacoma as you "car" symbol for free! I know the newer TomTom's hae lifetime maps for I think around 20 more than the reg price. Which when I get a new one I think would be worth it.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I know the newer TomTom's hae lifetime maps for I think around 20 more than the reg price. Which when I get a new one I think would be worth it.
now that definitely sounds like its worth the extra $20
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Garmin for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with it. I just bought my girlfriend a similar model to what you're looking at for Christmas. Hers didn't have traffic but I think had a wider screen for $100. They're really nice and work well. The only time it's ever let me down is if you're in a very tight city between lots of skyscrapers. It ends up searching for satellites for a little while but usually comes through in the end.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I don't have a Garmin, I have a TomTom and I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty easy to use right out of the box. I forget which model, but its a couple years old and works good. Plus you can download a Tacoma as you "car" symbol for free! I know the newer TomTom's hae lifetime maps for I think around 20 more than the reg price. Which when I get a new one I think would be worth it.
Where can I do that?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
now that definitely sounds like its worth the extra $20
Ya I think its around 20 more, maybe a little more. Sounds worth it to me too!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by novataco View Post
Where can I do that?
If you look online, it will have the ones listed that have the lifetime maps. I'm sure you can get them at the store too. I guess its a code or something they give you.