Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Poll:Do you guys think that aftermarket "decks" are cool looking?

View Poll Results: Are aftermarket stereo decks ugly or cool looking?
They look cool and add function. 513 64.37%
Ehh, I guess they add function but look wierd. 215 26.98%
They are ugly and I would not have one. 69 8.66%
Voters: 797. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
I think double din nav units look good, but single din stereos generally have fugly designs, like they are trying to make them look futuristic.

I wish someone would make clean, classy and simple ones, like Bang Olufson looking, not like the Star Wars failed efforts I see out there with lots of black plastic and round features.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #22
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Attachment 86638
Defanitly like it ALOT more than stock. Stock, on a 99, just looks old and stupid. I think this one fits pretty good and doesent look like it just got shoved in there. Plus the functionality is 100x better than stock.
To me that just looks so stealable.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #23
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
if you go with a nice dash kit and go with a quality deck such as alpine kenwood or pioneer it's elegant. not to mention the better sound quality with aftermarket.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #24
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
i prefer the double din. better sound, more options and often look cleaner then stock. i kinda wish i'd gone with a unit without the buttons on the side.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #25
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a Pioneer Doubledin DVD on Amazon for $290 shipped.

AVH-P3200BT, so needless to say I am partial to aftermarket doubledin units.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Let me rephrase then, I think they are huge and ugly looking, and the screens look like crap with fingerprints all over them.
Wash your hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
To each his own I guess... to me single DINS look like cheap 90s decks with buttons all over them and ridiculous styling that you would buy in a flea market. Every high end car has a large screen nowdays.
x2. I think the single dins look ugly unless the car dash will only fit single din, then it looks like it fits better.

I love my pioneer DD touchscreen. The Nav + Bluetooth + Sirius + DVD + everything else this amazing piece of equipment can do, is just plain awesome. The toyota logo displayed on the screen is for sure the finishing touch
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
JoshLV is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
JoshLV's Tacoma Gallery
Most single dins look tacky on the Tacoma especially when they don't match the colors. I like mine a lot though because it's black with red so at night it looks really good and matches the colors of my other dash controls. My buddy has a single that changes colors from red-green-blue-orange etc with some disco background shit going on. I can't stand it.
Doubles are sweet but I'm not a fan. During night driving it's a big light shining in your face. It's pretty distracting. All preference though.

This is what I've got and love it.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshLV View Post
Most single dins look tacky on the Tacoma especially when they don't match the colors. I like mine a lot though because it's black with red so at night it looks really good and matches the colors of my other dash controls. My buddy has a single that changes colors from red-green-blue-orange etc with some disco background shit going on. I can't stand it.
Doubles are sweet but I'm not a fan. During night driving it's a big light shining in your face. It's pretty distracting. All preference though.
My screen dims when the lights are on, it's really not bad.

The bad thing about this is when it rains during the day and I have to have my lights on, it's kind of hard to see the screen
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I was looking at these, but damn the buttons feel so cheap...
Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have the same deck and I love it too. The built-in blue toof is the shit! The Ipod function works really well too.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #31
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma831 View Post
I have the same deck and I love it too. The built-in blue toof is the shit! The Ipod function works really well too.
I'm also lookin at one of these but I don't know if I can justify it
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
I'm also lookin at one of these but I don't know if I can justify it
I think its worth it because I wasn't able to plug my Ipod into my factory deck. I wasn't about to use an FM transmitter either. You can control the Ipod from the deck or the Ipod itself, or just plug a USB flash drive into the front. It also produces better sound.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
i like my Kenwood.

the 25 watts rms x4 doesnt hurt either.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #34
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
MHO is the factory deck looks the best, but I do love the double din units as well. If my stock stereo ever craps out then I will get me a touch screen deck.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #35
JoshLV is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
JoshLV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I was looking at these, but damn the buttons feel so cheap...
I don't even use the buttons. It comes with a small remote that I use. Keeps the fingerprints off and is easier to use.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #36
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery

I like mine.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #37
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Double-din aftermarket or stock on the newer models. Single-din just don't look right.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #38
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer lower key Single DIN...(even the motorized DVD kind)

THIS is a CLEAN looking single DIN without all the disco lights and touch screen gimmicks. Plus it has a separate 70Watt Output for a small Sub.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...BV8R95V1W2XV5K
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #39
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i think a single din with a cb or ham as the second din would be cool. What i may go for...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #40
SadManGrin is on a distinguished road

SadManGrin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
i like my Kenwood.

the 25 watts rms x4 doesnt hurt either.

This kenwood looks soooooooooooo happy!

Anyways...

I'm still trying to decide which double din I want. I was considering a Pioneer DVD/NAV once I have enough coin. I've read that the nav is pretty bad on the Pioneers though. I'd hate to install one and then never use it/return it. I've never had navigation in a vehicle, and I don't mind getting lost. I don't have a smart phone either so I definately don't have navigation. What ever happened to a good old map in the glove box?