1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tweeter install help please

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Carlo, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Feb 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    I bought an Alpine SPS600C set of speakers that came with tweeters that I thought would replace the factory non JBL ones. Let me tell you that I am not a audio guy in the least, and I was asking myself, "Carlo what the heck are you doing tearing the doors apart in your new truck" but, the speakers went in fine.
    The tweeters are another story. I could not figure out how to mount them, and even if I could cut a mounting bracket out of wood or something how do I connect them? The factory ones seem to be hard wired and are not plug and play. I let the factory ones alone, and just installed the 6.75in speakers in the door and put it all back together.
    It sounds better....not a ton, but, better. I think next I will have to replace the receiver even though I really did not want to. The dam thing is just not loud enough and sounds really bad.

2. Feb 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    where you located in Cali?

3. Feb 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    i got lucky when i did mine. i was able to remove the old tweeter and use its bracket for my new ones. my new tweeters had several mounting options with them. i was able to use the flush mount one to hold it securly into the brackets from the old tweeters. of course i had to cut the bracket a lil to get them to fit but it wasnt that bad. you need to take the main wire that comes into the door and put it to your crossover. then run a wire from the speaker to crossover and a wire from tweeter to crossover. i mounted my crossover on the door where the armrest sits. there is a good amount of space behind that armrest. people said it may get wet mounted there but so far i havent had any issues. hope this helps. any questions feel free to ask. good luck to ya

4. Feb 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You can just run seperate wire (like the mid has) to the tweeter, straight from your crossover. You can build a mount out of a piece of metal or MDF... metal is easier, takes 4 bends, then screw the tweeter onto your mount.

5. Feb 7, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    i sell tweeter brackets, sending pm

6. Feb 7, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    Atsaubrey, I am in Santa Rosa. I think I will just wait until I can afford the new head unit I want, and do it all at the same time. I think the factory unit is really going to have to go.

7. Feb 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    jspetrovitsis

jspetrovitsis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    Toytec/Eibach front coils, Bilsteins on all four, 2 '' AAL, Light Racing UCA, K&N CAI, Weathertecs front and back, Wet Okoles, Alpine INA W900BT in dash navigation, LED cab lights
    how much do you sell brackets for???

8. Feb 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    got pics op?

Products Discussed in

To Top