Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bluetooth microphone install

Old 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Bluetooth microphone install

So, I installed my new head unit -- Pioneer AVH-P3200BT -- last weekend and was trying to figure out where to put the microphone. I put it here to start:

I didn't like the way it looked and also wanted to find a spot where my co-pilot could use the mic when needed. Here's what I came up with...

I couldn't put it directly in the middle because the center of the Metra kit has a peg that holds the center of the mount flush with the outside part of the kit. I put it as close to the center as I could. I drilled a 1/2" hole and put a rubber grommet in that was just slightly smaller then the diameter of the mic. It took some effort to work it into the grommet but it fits nicely.

I had to do notch the dash area behind the radio for the mic...

Here's what the mic looks like mounted in the Metra kit...

All-in-all I'm happy with the install. Would have been happier if I could have centered it but it's accessible for both the driver and passenger and callers have said sounds good so far. Thanks for looking!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
unique!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
So, I installed my new head unit -- Pioneer AVH-P3200BT -- last weekend and was trying to figure out where to put the microphone. I put it here to start:

I didn't like the way it looked and also wanted to find a spot where my co-pilot could use the mic when needed. Here's what I came up with...

I couldn't put it directly in the middle because the center of the Metra kit has a peg that holds the center of the mount flush with the outside part of the kit. I put it as close to the center as I could. I drilled a 1/2" hole and put a rubber grommet in that was just slightly smaller then the diameter of the mic. It took some effort to work it into the grommet but it fits nicely.

I had to do notch the dash area behind the radio for the mic...

Here's what the mic looks like mounted in the Metra kit...

All-in-all I'm happy with the install. Would have been happier if I could have centered it but it's accessible for both the driver and passenger and callers have said sounds good so far. Thanks for looking!
Mine is located just to the left of the rear view mirror. The installer told me that is where it is least bothered by wind noise