1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dynomat the doors

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KaliTaco, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    KaliTaco

KaliTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    If I dynomat the doors would that quite my cab or do I need to strip everything to keep noise inside the cab? Thanks. Trying to fix wind noise and road noise.

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    it may help a little, especially if you have any rattling from your speakers, but you will have to do the entire cab to get the full benefits

3. Feb 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    auburn taco

auburn taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Athens GA area
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Tacoma
    Homelink Mirror, mud flaps and interior LEDs. so far
    dynamat is not sound proofing. Dynamat removes the potential for metal vibration/resonance induced by good driven speakers. It is useful but you do not need to do the entire door to dampen vibrations. Ensolite is a sound deadening substrate. I installed both in my front doors and really has no effect on wind noise. Does help a bit with road noise but having only done the doors, well there is plenty of surface area for road noise to vibrate into the truck.

lpt0n likes this.
  4. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    x2

Ensolite is the best way to kill outside noise.

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    my installer told me that the rolls of roofing material that you lay down under the shingles (looked like it was about a foot wide) works well for sound deadening and hella cheaper than audio sound deadening material. Thought that was interesting and if I ever get around to it I might consult him more on that.

I've read that painting some rubbery 3M insulating material (don't know what its called) in the wheel wells gives the most benefit for quieting the cab.

lpt0n likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top