Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Steering wheel controls (radio and bluetooth) work with aftermarket HU?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Steering wheel controls (radio and bluetooth) work with aftermarket HU?

Planning purchase of 2011 TRD Sport w/JBL Audio and factory bluetooth.

I'm looking at Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. Just want to confirm that steering wheel audio controls and especially, steering wheel BT controls will work with this unit. Actually, a big part of my decision rides on whichever HU works with these controls.

Please let me know your model # that works with all the steering wheel controls.
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also, can the factory backup cam be routed from the rearview to the HU display on this or any other unit?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
maestroz2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
maestroz2's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know this too! just bought a 2010 sport but dont want to get a new HD without knowing the same info
Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
For the steering wheel controls they will work, but I think you need some kind of adaptor from pioneer. Not sure about the backup camera, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
search for PAC-SWI. that's what you want
Old 02-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Uni...=2B5V94Q3UI6VA
Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
im sure if you find the pinout for the mic and what not it could work...
Old 02-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #8

Rex - thank you - using that for my search got me answers.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #9

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
Rex - thank you - using that for my search got me answers.
you got it. if you do get that, as ridiculous as they may seem, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS word for word. it WILL work, promise
Old 02-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
Reaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: P3 Flight Engineer / 737 Crew Chief
Name: Brandon
Reaper10's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the same head unit installed in my 2010. I don't have the JBL audio just the standard audio but the installers were able to make my steering wheel controls work just fine using that same adapter. Everything works great and I think you'll really like that head unit. I love mine.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #11

I just need to get the truck first! I'm a planning freak....
Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just need to get the truck first! I'm a planning freak....
classic.. lol

I like the planning ahead tho..
Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Planning purchase of 2011 TRD Sport w/JBL Audio and factory bluetooth.

I'm looking at Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. Just want to confirm that steering wheel audio controls and especially, steering wheel BT controls will work with this unit. Actually, a big part of my decision rides on whichever HU works with these controls.

Please let me know your model # that works with all the steering wheel controls.
Thanks in advance!
get my a part number for your mirror with the mic and screen in the camera. I get i can find the pin out so everyone can start using that mic and what not.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:37 AM   #14
edgood1 is on a distinguished road
edgood1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same radio in my 2010. I have everything hooked up and working except for the factory mic.

I bought and added the steering wheel bluetooth controls from toyota and they work fine with the SWI-PS version 1.6.8. (You need this version or better for all the buttons to work).

I also hooked up a front view camera instead of doubling the rear view camera that came stock. You can tap into that signal though, and double the screen.

My mirror has the mic built in (I didn't have the BT system stock, so it looks like a standard component on the 2.4" rear view LCD mirror).

I'm using the pioneer mic for the time being, but I would like to be able to splice into the factory mic. I couldn't find any diagrams. Help would be appreciated.

Products Discussed in this Thread