1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AUX volume really low?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SoBaySick, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    SoBaySick

SoBaySick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Debadged, Plasti dipped rear bumper
    Hey, new guy here... sorry if this has been asked, I searched but didn't find anything. I have a new 2011 Double Cab with AUX input. When I listen to my iPod or iPhone through the AUX jack the volume is about half the volume of a CD. Any ideas? Bad AUX cable maybe? Or is this just the way it is?

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    i believe there is a setting in the ipod that allows you to higher the AUX volume. not 100% sure since i dont own one, but thats what i read a while back

3. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    armyairforce89

armyairforce89 Active Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-lug SR5
    Ready Lift SST Lift Kit, Fog Lights, Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box, AFE ProDry S Air Filter, UltraGuage, BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A 235x75x15's
    I had the same problem until I came across a fix on here. I am not real good with electronics, so I don't want to give specific instructions and be wrong. Basically it is in you I tunes settings; it defaults to the mid volume setting. There is a detail procedure on here somewhere to set the volume to 100%, and it fixes the problem. Keep searching and somewhere on here is a great fix. Wish I could help more.

4. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    Bamfs01

Bamfs01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Gray TRD Offroad. Locker, ATrac, DAC
    Stock leaf pack with TSB AAL, Wheelers progressive 3 leaf AAL, and Bilstein 5100's in the rear. Front OME coilovers with 885 coils. Cab mount chop. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/37734-how-tire-rub-cab-mount-mod.html rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/68173-rcbs204-4x4-illuminated-switch.html JBL P963 6x9's and an MTX 10" sub wired inline to the stock HU with a MTX Jackhammer 404 amp. Rear diff breather relocation mod.
    Could be a bad 3.5 mm cable. Have you tried another device? Computer, different mp3 player, different iPod?

I ran into a similar situation with my non-jbl 2011 and it turns out the stock system just really sucks. From what I understand the JBL system's a little better but not much.

I've decided to get an amp and better speakers for starters. I'll replace the HU if I have to but I like the stock look.

On my non-JBL system, I can have the volume maxed, still talk over the music and the speakers are clipping.

It's laughable

5. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Check your maximum volume setting on your Ipod , it's in the settings menu of the Ipod .

6. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
  7. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Bamfs01

Bamfs01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Gray TRD Offroad. Locker, ATrac, DAC
    Stock leaf pack with TSB AAL, Wheelers progressive 3 leaf AAL, and Bilstein 5100's in the rear. Front OME coilovers with 885 coils. Cab mount chop. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/37734-how-tire-rub-cab-mount-mod.html rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/68173-rcbs204-4x4-illuminated-switch.html JBL P963 6x9's and an MTX 10" sub wired inline to the stock HU with a MTX Jackhammer 404 amp. Rear diff breather relocation mod.
  8. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    armyairforce89

armyairforce89 Active Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-lug SR5
    Ready Lift SST Lift Kit, Fog Lights, Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box, AFE ProDry S Air Filter, UltraGuage, BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A 235x75x15's
    found it...

Go to Itunes --> music library --> select all songs --> right click --> select "get info" --> "options" tab --> turn "volume adjustment" to 100% --> sync.

9. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    SoBaySick

SoBaySick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Debadged, Plasti dipped rear bumper
    Thanks for the advice guys... My iPod is on max volume and I've tried with an iPod classic and an iPhone. The volume limit is also off on both devices.

I'll try the iTunes thing though.

10. Feb 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    tmlCA818

tmlCA818 Member

Member:
    Burbank, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black PreRunner V6 TRD Offroad
    I had the same problem with my 2010 Access Cab. Volume was just noticeably lower when going through the AUX port. I tried everything. Ipod internal settings. Different cables. Different Ipods. Changing the setting on the way I imported tracks into itunes.

One solution that seemed to help a bit was to buy a small headphone amplifier that goes between the ipod and the AUX port. I settled on the "FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier" that was about $25 from Amazon.com. It's really tiny and helped to give the signal a little boost. At least now I could actually hear a book on tape when driving at highway speeds.

Honestly though, the only solution that I really found myself happy with was to buy a different head unit. I settled on the Pioneer Avic Z-120. I was skeptical at first, but all of the postings on this site are correct. It really is a night and day difference between the factory HU and a good aftermarket model.

Hope this helps.

11. Feb 21, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    wait there really isnt an AUX volume adjuster in the Stock Deck...wow

12. Feb 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    getting your tunes of limewire? illegal downloads tend to be lesser quality and more quiet. not making an accusation, just throwing it out there.

Products Discussed in

To Top