Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Zune Connection Options

Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
Zune Connection Options

I've spent the last hour or so looking through this forum trying to find a clear explanation of the "best" way to connect a Zune to the stock stereo...

I've kind of gathered that you have to pull the HU unit out, connect a wire to the aux import, then drill a whole out of the console somewhere, right? Is there a better way to do this?

I'd like for it to charge while playing, does this make it a lot more complicated???

Yeah, I am a noob, but I have recently come to the realization that I despise my FM transmitter which I currently have for my Zune. Any help would be greatly appreciated-even if you just point me to a good thread with this already answered. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty much it.
I have the Soundgate adapter in my truck. Works great and it does charge it while you have it hooked up.
I just notched my center console by the little pocket up front (manual transmission), you can't even see it when it's all together.
I'll get you a pic here in a minute....
Old 02-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

View from the drivers seat....

And if you get down and look you can see where I notched it for the cable...
(sorry the flash makes it a little hard to see)

hope this helps!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
So you use a Zune then?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
View from the drivers seat....

And if you get down and look you can see where I notched it for the cable...
(sorry the flash makes it a little hard to see)

hope this helps!
Would this allow you to use the controls on the stereo to control the songs like skip and fast forward? And what cable are you using?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKnBLUE View Post
So you use a Zune then?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Would this allow you to use the controls on the stereo to control the songs like skip and fast forward? And what cable are you using?
you can skip but not fast forward/scan through a song.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Where did you get the cable?
I honestly can't remember, it's been a few years... I will look for the reciept later but if you search for Soundgate Toyota Adapter on the internet you should come up with something. Super easy install and I think there is another thread on here that shows a good wire to tap into to get power.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundtoyzn4.html