LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

HELP!! I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CAR AUDIO

Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!! I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CAR AUDIO

so i bought a pioneer double den 3200bt back in december and its louder than my stock stereo but i cant listen to a lot of songs cuz it sounds shitty especially young jeezy songs. so im looking to buy the subbox that fits two subs for behind my seats in my double cab. i also need to buy an amp.

i just dont know what amps are good or what subs are good to buy. can you guys chime in? i could look into shops but i dont want to get ripped off, id rather you guys give me legitand helpful advice.

thank you!.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
i had 2 12in fosgate (1500 wtt apeice) with a 1600 wtt fosgate amp. no one around here could beat it!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking 10s. how much did you pay for all of thaT?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
i think it was around $600 with the box. 3 10s sound better than 2 12s.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
im not looking for anything too crazy but i am looking for good quality.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking 2 tens
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
im looking at subs and i dont see 1500 watts
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
i was running 2 10" jbl subs on a 2000 watt single channel amp. the amp was way to strong but it did the job. i just sold that set up and working on another. as to what amps and subs to buy, you get what you pay for. if you buy knock off ebay speakers your gonna get knock off crap. (ask me how i know) but if you go buy legit brand name stuff you will be ok. I like kicker. they back up there stuff and they have good quality sound and punch.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
oh and the best place to get audio gear is at crutchfield.com
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
so i dont want speakers. ill stick w the stock speakers but i do need a sub and amp, whats good decent wattage. do i buy an amp according to the subs?or speakers?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
MURDERED_TACO

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
im looking at subs and i dont see 1500 watts
idk where they came from, i bought them used
Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
My friend really likes the 2 10 inch rockford fosgate punches he has in his celica. I have only heard those for anything in the 10 inch range. I'm a fan of kicker but I've heard mixed things about them. You can also go to crutchfield.com and look at their stuff. They have great customer service when I have dealt with them. I think their prices are relatively fair plus they have an "outlet" section.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #13
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
My friend really likes the 2 10 inch rockford fosgate punches he has in his celica. I have only heard those for anything in the 10 inch range. I'm a fan of kicker but I've heard mixed things about them. You can also go to crutchfield.com and look at their stuff. They have great customer service when I have dealt with them. I think their prices are relatively fair plus they have an "outlet" section.
any 10 in rockford will fit in the box behind my seats?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #14
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of wattage should i look for in subs?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
any 10 in rockford will fit in the box behind my seats?
I would look for a shallow mount 10 inch. I dont think all will, but most should. If you find out your mounting depth of the box, then it will be easier to see which subs will fit.
this is what my friend has
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P1S4...brank7%5d10%22
Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...r+compvt+10%22 what do you guys think about the compvts?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
whats ohm mean?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Small and Tall

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...r+compvt+10%22 what do you guys think about the compvts?
I'm not sure about the newer comps (haven't heard them), but i have an older 12 inch comp in my car and love it. It hits hard and good.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
so what kinda amp am i looking for?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
here's my p3 shallow punch and box.