Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stock metal brackets, Schoshe and D-Din HU

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Stock metal brackets, Schoshe and D-Din HU

Question for those of you who have used the Schoshe dash kit and re-used the stock metal mounting brackets on a D-Din HU. How did you attach the dash kit? Just use the friction clips to hold it in, or attached to the HU somehow?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Question for those of you who have used the Schoshe dash kit and re-used the stock metal mounting brackets on a D-Din HU. How did you attach the dash kit? Just use the friction clips to hold it in, or attached to the HU somehow?
I just switched from a Metra to the Scosche, and used the scosche plastic brackets rather than the stock metal ones. I could not find a good way to attach them, it basically set up where the brackets held the radio in place, and the scosche or metra would simply slide over the face.

I prefer the metal ones, but I had the Scosche kit in my F150 and the plastic worked great, so I didnt worry about it too much.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
I used the metal ones first but it gave the HU a funny angle and made it hard to see in the sun, I used the only holes that lined up. Took it out and used the plastic one that came with the kit, much better fit and angle.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
dabo is on a distinguished road
dabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
I just switched from a Metra to the Scosche, and used the scosche plastic brackets rather than the stock metal ones. I could not find a good way to attach them, it basically set up where the brackets held the radio in place, and the scosche or metra would simply slide over the face.

just curious why you switched from Metra to Scoshe... fit, finish?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabo View Post

Pics of the scoshe would be nice!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. Thanks for the input so far.

I thought that I'd read that quite a few people were using the stock brackets,,, but no confirmation of that now. I am using the plastic brackets right now, but was considering swapping them out if it made sense. Just trying to see what opinions were for doing that.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabo View Post

Yes, both. No gaps around the head unit, and the finish on the Metra was not pleasing to me.

Of note - The Scosche does not match the silver around the vents, but matches the button for the hazards quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stattonmw View Post
Pics of the scoshe would be nice!
Here you go:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...more-come.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the input so far.

I thought that I'd read that quite a few people were using the stock brackets,,, but no confirmation of that now. I am using the plastic brackets right now, but was considering swapping them out if it made sense. Just trying to see what opinions were for doing that.
As mentioned above, they angle the head unit up a bit more, and it is a bit odd. No big issues, but not my cup o' tea.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
dabo is on a distinguished road
dabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
very nice install, looks great!
I never cared for the perforated (dots) look of the stock or Metra bezel anyway, just ordered the Scoshe for my AVH4300
thanks for your input