Double Cab sub enclosure cross section advice needed

Old 03-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
Double Cab sub enclosure cross section advice needed

*first time trying to attache an image to sorry if it doesn't come through*

I drew this up today and was hoping that some of you who have built this in that past could look at it and tell me if my numbers seem right. Any thoughts or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated as i plan on building and installing this weekend.

Double Cab sub enclosure cross section advice needed-woof-box.jpg
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

Figured out the pic... standing by for advice. thanks guys and gals.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #4

Cutting the cross member sounds WAY easier than putting a crazy notch in the box... i think i might go that way... how did you secure it to the back wall of the cab? or is it just held in by the seats?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
You also have to consider all the little tabs on the back for the plastic bins... gotta make little indentions for those too.

I cut off the rear bar, cut off all the plastic attachmetn points, and used the outter shell as a trim piece. Much more airspace that way... bolted box to floor.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

I'm likin where you guys are going with this... a little big of metal demo and a standard box with no little nuances... thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
supersuk is on a distinguished road
supersuk's Tacoma Gallery
The top of my box is 3" and it doesn't hit the seat. All other measurements seem to be similar to mines. I can install a 10" sub that is a little more than 5" deep with a magnet that is approximately 6" in diameter.