1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Cab sub enclosure cross section advice needed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ILikeTacosToo, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Mar 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    *first time trying to attache an image to sorry if it doesn't come through*

I drew this up today and was hoping that some of you who have built this in that past could look at it and tell me if my numbers seem right. Any thoughts or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated as i plan on building and installing this weekend.

woof box.jpg

2. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Figured out the pic... standing by for advice. thanks guys and gals.

[​IMG]

3. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    i just put my box in the same spot last weekend except for notching that wall i just cut that crossmember off lol seems to be pretty close to what i did

4. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Cutting the cross member sounds WAY easier than putting a crazy notch in the box... i think i might go that way... how did you secure it to the back wall of the cab? or is it just held in by the seats?

5. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    mine is just sittin there right now the dimensions were down to a millimeter the way i wanted to them so its very snug i will be making sometype of bracket thought to mount it to the back wall

6. Mar 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You also have to consider all the little tabs on the back for the plastic bins... gotta make little indentions for those too.

I cut off the rear bar, cut off all the plastic attachmetn points, and used the outter shell as a trim piece. Much more airspace that way... bolted box to floor.

7. Mar 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    I'm likin where you guys are going with this... a little big of metal demo and a standard box with no little nuances... thanks for the help!

8. Mar 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    supersuk

supersuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dcab TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Sounds!
    The top of my box is 3" and it doesn't hit the seat. All other measurements seem to be similar to mines. I can install a 10" sub that is a little more than 5" deep with a magnet that is approximately 6" in diameter.

9. Mar 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    just when you cut on that back wall watch the spot welds if your not careful you can rip then right out i did with one of them by accident so i just welded a spot back on cant even tell also painted over it lol

Products Discussed in

To Top