Notices

Triple Sub Box...anybody tried it yet?

Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
mnkybnz is on a distinguished road
mnkybnz's Tacoma Gallery
Triple Sub Box...anybody tried it yet?

I'm looking at this box:

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2332

The photos online aren't great, and I've got no idea where I'd squeeze an amp in the mix. I'd like the three subs, but might have to settle for two instead.

Has anybody out there tried the triple sub box, and if so, where did you mount the amp?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
mount it under a seat, or in the cubby below.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on under the seat. thats where i put all mine.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
not worth in IMO. There is .65 cu ft per sub...thats WAY to small. Subs need lots of volume to function correctly and that is freakin tiny even for slim subs.
Not even close to accurate... Sure, a lot of "old school" subs needed lots of volume, but many many newer subs are designed for smaller boxes. You give up efficiency to run a smaller box with good output, but that is a trade off almost anyone is willing to give. Power is stupid cheap, so why not take advantage...

1st, it depends on the sub.
2nd, size matters. Most 8" and 10" subs need less airspace vs a 12 or 15.
3rd, what is the "Q" of the box you want to run? "Ideal" is about .71, but many subs perform with a much higher total q due to cabin gain of a room (or in this case, a truck, which is often much better than a room)

Lastly, use a program like WinISD, Bassbox pro, etc. to find the ideal enclosure. WinISD will even allow you to enter different numbers for the tuning and box size to see how it will affect the lower roll-off for the sub in question.

There are many 8" subs, and a few 10's, that will run ported in .65, and a whole lot more that do very well in that size sealed. (model up a Dayton HO 10, for example)

I think the Dayton HO12 only needs about .6 sealed...
TC (audiopulse) epic 10 only needs about .7 ported for a great looking response curve.
JBL GTO8 only needs about .35 or so sealed, for an "ideal" enclosure.
Sundown E8 (not sure about the V2) only needed about .5 ported, and about .3 sealed.
PG RSD or RSDC 10" only needs about .6, and will play very deep.

Etc, etc, etc...

This is not to say "trust the MFG when the say it only needs XXX" for the volume of the enclosure, but do some investigating to see what will work.