Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Got my Clarion double din installed over the weekend!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
jmoreau is on a distinguished road

Army: Track Commander, M113 "Miclic"
Name: Josh
jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Clarion double din installed over the weekend!

I love it so far. Nav, BT, DVD, rear USB for iPod, it's touch screen and the steering wheel controls are integrated too. My only complaint was that he said the backup camera wasn't worth moving from the rear view mirror
But, I did get him to run the USB to the glove box, and install the "parking brake switch" if I ever want to play DVD's without needing the parking brake. It also comes with a remote, but I doubt I'll ever use it. Too many buttons lol.
I think my favorite feature is the iPod plug in the glove box. It's away where nobody can see it, and it also charges the iPod, so I just leave it in there permanently.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #3

jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
It was $840 cash. Not bad considering the prices of some of the others that I looked at.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the GPS head units are rediculous. Most of them are a solid 1K. But it is cool to have nav and a nice head unit wrapped into one in your vehicle. Its almost like an instant luxury vehicle.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #5

jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
This is it in the daylight
Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, I would like to have one like that. My wife's car a 2011 Accord has a awesome factory nav/bluetooth system in it. Makes me want more in mine. Her car can basically do anything by voice command if you choose. I'm jealous, but then again it's a truck and I do have a portable gps. But it is nothing like hers being inergrated and already powered on. My Garmin takes forever to load up.

So did they give a reason why they couldn't do the back up camera? There are a couple of people on here that have it running simultaneously in the mirror and hu.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #7

jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
He "said" it wasn't worth the trouble b/c most of them aren't compatible, and gave an example of putting one in his wife's car and it was upside down. I work on computers for a living and it sounded like one of the excuses I give when I don't know the answer to a problem. I think he just didn't want to have to remove all the cloth and everything at the top to get the wire and rerun it to the dashboard.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
That sux, that would be part of the reason for spending that kind of dough. To get the b/u cam on the hu that is.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
So Cal TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Raul
So Cal TRD's Tacoma Gallery
It looks good.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP...Is this the vx400?
Thanks!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #11

jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Hey OP...Is this the vx400?
Thanks!
no, it's the NX500.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
Servant of Ninkasi
Toby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoreau View Post
He "said" it wasn't worth the trouble b/c most of them aren't compatible, and gave an example of putting one in his wife's car and it was upside down. I work on computers for a living and it sounded like one of the excuses I give when I don't know the answer to a problem.
This is funny because it happens so much. I will say that people generally respect it when you just say you don't know when you don't know.
Quote:
I think he just didn't want to have to remove all the cloth and everything at the top to get the wire and rerun it to the dashboard.
Meh...the airbags are probably 'scarier' than the headliner. It's all one molded piece.