Notices

Gauging Interest: 8" Tacoma Component Kit

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Sounds good, sign me up! 51 66.23%
I'd even run this with a sub too for uber bass...like a boss! 20 25.97%
Nahhh, I'm fine with stock... 6 7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #181
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
thread revival
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #183
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
As was mentioned earlier it just wasn't a worthwhile endeavor. I tried to get it right but it would require MUCH more experimenting. I tried a bunch of different drivers and came to one very hard realization.

The doors are not meant to have that much bass come out of them. They will vibrate like crazy even if you deaden. The 6.5" subwoofers and the low playing tweeter got us close but I wasn't happy with it. And if I'm not happy with it I wont put my name on it.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #184
Bozack is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Rube
Bozack's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a great setup! What about doing a 3 way system? 8" sub, 3" midrange, and a 1" tweeter. Doable?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #185
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
With enough processing or a well designed crossover, yes. That gets away from the budget and simple part though.