1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Box size, alignments, and how it affects sound

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mattg43, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    mattg43

mattg43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    I dont like to simply link to other threads, but there are enough questions on this forum about the subject that I think its appropriate, but I also do not want to plagiarize anyone on the DIYMA thread.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...89-q-alignment-sealed-subs-do-you-prefer.html

Keep in mind this is important for those of us running subs, as many have to deal with "too small" enclosures for the subs they want.

Of note - Electrodynamic is the owner of Stereo Integrity, Chad has no affiliation and does this for a hobby. Patrick Bateman is also a hobbiest to my knowledge.

Anywho, some good discussion that should be read if you are interested in the "science" behind box sizes, response due to them, and how this can help in our situation.

2. Apr 19, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Interesting read. Now you have to go find a good discussion of how to measure transfer functions (J/K, I suspect anyone that understood the exchange could figure it out).

Actually your posting was very timely for me. I recently bought a double cab, and gave my youngest my 2002 MR2 Spyder. I had been thinking about buying/installing equipment, and it's virtually certain my mind was in the wrong set. Time to break out my trusty microphone, TrueRTA, etc., and get busy measuring - before I get busy buying.

3. Apr 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    mattg43

mattg43 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    Ill have to spend some time looking, but there is a thread on DIYMA about transfer functions, and had a visual aid on several vehicles.

But, if you have a mic and TruRTA, no reason not to!

Products Discussed in

To Top