Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Adding Steering Wheel Controls

Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Adding Steering Wheel Controls

Okay guys, is it possible for me to add steering wheel controls to a Tacoma without any? When I bought my truck I couldn't find a dealer with a good price that included them.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
No one has thought about this or knows if it can be done?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
I\m pretty sure it can be done, using all the same parts as the upper models, but that would be very impractical, It would probably be cheaper to sell your truck, and buy one that has everything already. or you could use a wired or infrared stereo remote, such as the ones here http://www.crutchfield.com/g_237450/...s.html?tp=1068
Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
not worth the trouble, get a aftermarket deck with IR remote (or suck it up and reach up to the dash)
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TightShirts View Post
not worth the trouble, get a aftermarket deck with IR remote (or suck it up and reach up to the dash)
That's funny, suck it up and reach for the dash... I have the steering wheel controls and an infared control and still rather use my deck control, just habit I guess. Anyways for what ever reason I thought this was totally hilarious!

Rob