Notices

Alternative to tacotunes brackets

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
reiss91 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
reiss91's Tacoma Gallery
Alternative to tacotunes brackets

Found these on ebay. I think theyre new because I didnt see them a month or two ago. They look cheaper in comparision as far as quality goes. Well actually they are cheaper haha. Only 24.99 plus 5.99 shipping compared to tacotunes 34.99 plus 14 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x9-S...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 04-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the post...interested in those 61/2 ones they have, anyone purchase these?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
a local guy on here makes and sells them

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ings-sale.html
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
IRDCTACO will become famous soon enough
IRDCTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiss91 View Post
Found these on ebay. I think theyre new because I didnt see them a month or two ago. They look cheaper in comparision as far as quality goes. Well actually they are cheaper haha. Only 24.99 plus 5.99 shipping compared to tacotunes 34.99 plus 14 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x9-S...fAudioQ5fVideo

I bought the 6.5" adapters and what the pictures don't show you is that there are gaps between the baseplate and the riser that the speaker mounts to. the riser is attached to the base plate via little rectangles that are placed in a circular pattern. The gap between each rectangle is roughly .25". Long story short, you'll have to calk the gaps to seal them which isn't hard but it may delay your install.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
thanks for the post...interested in those 61/2 ones they have, anyone purchase these?
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-SAT69-.../dp/B000NWG3S8

If you really wanna go cheap.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
do it right the first time and go with MrMarv
Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
i have these..i had to fabricate it to make it fit,but still unsuccessful..its too small still,and does NOT fit flush..i installed them anyways and they seem to work fine,you just have to do work to make them work out
Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
a local guy on here makes and sells them

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ings-sale.html
I purchased my speakers rings from hookedontronics and then sprayed it with Rustoleum Textured paint. No complaints so far and half the price of the Taco Tunes.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TXED View Post
do it right the first time and go with MrMarv
mr marv is no longer a vender...not sure what happened.

edit: found him
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ck-minute.html
Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Make your own out of mdf.Really easy and mine has lasted a few years and still look good.

Products Discussed in this Thread