Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

What am I missing

Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: T
primer's Tacoma Gallery
What am I missing

Planning on a Kenwood dbl DIN NAV unit. 7180 or 9980

Putting this in an 06 AC.

I know I need th following:

Dash kit
Wire harness
Steering wheel control module
Reverse camera

Anything else I need to plan on?

Is it worth it to get one of the kenwood cameras oR is something cheaper just as good?

Thanks

TL
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Ipod interface kit? Idk what you wanna do but that's one thing I can think of
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Good point. I've added that to my list.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
If ordering, look at Crutchfields, they include the dash kit, and harness as well as some instructions and tips for install. I used a cheap camera with my Pioneer HU and am happy with performance. Also, check your HU, as it may have a iPod hook-up, mine does.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
If ordering, look at Crutchfields, they include the dash kit, and harness as well as some instructions and tips for ins all. I used a cheap camera with my Pioneer HU and am happy with performance. Also, check your HU, as it may have a iPod hook-up, mine does.
what camera did u use and where u get it?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The double sided tape for the camera and voice activation remotes is too thick... get your own. Use your own clips instead of the clips provided with your trim kit. Will you want a satallite radio feature? If you intend to add an amp later it is far easier to add your interconnect cables and remote turn on wore NOW and run them to about where your amp will beso you dont have to dig the radio back out to install them.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
what camera did u use and where u get it?
I'm not even sure of brand, I ordered it from Amazon for less than $30.00 shipped.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Also get Crutchfields speaker connectors, makes it easy/ plug and play. Dynamat! Good SPEAKERS!!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
If ordering, look at Crutchfields, they include the dash kit, and harness as well as some instructions and tips for install. I used a cheap camera with my Pioneer HU and am happy with performance. Also, check your HU, as it may have a iPod hook-up, mine does.
I'll check and see if the units I'm considering have one included. I definitely want it set up from the start.

Interested in the cheap camera. Let me know if you know the brand or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
The double sided tape for the camera and voice activation remotes is too thick... get your own. Use your own clips instead of the clips provided with your trim kit. Will you want a satallite radio feature? If you intend to add an amp later it is far easier to add your interconnect cables and remote turn on wore NOW and run them to about where your amp will beso you dont have to dig the radio back out to install them.
I've installed head units before (though never dbl DIN) but never an amp. I like the idea of having the wires hooked up from the start. Is there a good DIY guide for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
Also get Crutchfields speaker connectors, makes it easy/ plug and play. Dynamat! Good SPEAKERS!!
Speakers to follow. I'd love to do some deadening. The sad thing is I tend to want to do things all the way. That means ripping the interior out and going crazy. This is my daily driver, I'm trying to resist the temptation.

TL