1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'11 AC how to disconnect rear speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bajones, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    Bajones

Bajones [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So I wanted better sound and am going to upgrade piece by piece. Anyway got new 6.5"s/brackets/wiring for the front and want to fade everything to the front since the rear stocks reeeeally suck. I don't mind the stock sub though, and when I fade everything to the front, that cuts out the sub too. How can I disconnect just the rear speakers from the head unit without shorting anything so I don't have to fade? BTW I do plan on getting a new HU but that is going to cost some cash (HU+sat receiver+amp+wiring+sat connection to stock stereo+dash not looking stock anymore=bleh). Thanks and sorry if this is redundant, couln't find anything while searching.

2. May 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    Bajones

Member:
    Yeah hope that plug is easy to find, but if it's a plug than trial and error shouldn't be too hard.

3. May 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    Bajones

Member:
    So apparently the wiring harness that disconnects the rear speakers also disconnects the sub. I don't know which wire(s) to cut dammit! My new front speakers sound great but I get such bad crackling from the rears.

Products Discussed in

To Top