Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stereos blown

Old 05-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Stereos blown

Ok so I have a 2005 access cab I want to replace my speakers. I was thinking of doing some door speakers and a sub but I dont wanna spend that much and to do it right I would need to spend some serious cash. I wanted to see what you cause thought would be a good replacement for my door speakers and I can run them without any amps of any kind? I was looking at crutchfield but I just dont want to get something and underpower it. So what do you guys suggest???
Old 05-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
IIRC tacotunes has full kits (drivers, harness, baffles)

here it is...........

http://shop.tacotunes.com/Bundled-Ta...ckages_c22.htm
would you say that those are a upgrade compared to stock or like a stock replacement pretty much?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
define "that much"

It's a relative term... you could mean under 500 or under 1000, so give us a clue. Also, if money is your only concern just get stuff you can afford, the rest doesn't matter really right? If you're only looking to spend 100-200 then you won't be able to buy replacement door speakers and add a sub.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO, TacoTunes charges you out the ass for things.

Get a set of 6x9s for the front doors, and order a set of 1" adapters. The brand speaker is your preference.

This link is a perfect fit for the speaker adapters: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x9-S...fAudioQ5fVideo

For the rear speakers, all the ebay after market ones I've dealt with have no worked.... so I made my own out of the stock speakers. Or if you're handy, go get some MDF and make your own

Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #6

but are there specific speakers that would require a amp to power them correctly. and as for price I am hoping to replace all the speakers for around 300-400 nothing more than that
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
$600?! For just the front speakers, tweaters, and bolts too...

Comparison on mine:
All 4 door speakers in the truck - $140 (best buy sells "last years" speakers cheap)
Subs - $270
Deck - $380 (again, last years model. retails for $600)

I bought a damn nice deck. You could pick up a good deck that'll do the job for you for $120... meaning that if your entire setup was close to mine, you'd be at about $530, for a complete sound system.

As for that, essentially EVERY after market speaker sound better when they're amp'd. It gives them their full limit of power, however, I have Pioneer speakers in every door of the truck, and not a single one of them has been amped. And my truck is still loud as shit.

http://youtu.be/iAWBA5V79GY
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #8

I am mainly looking to keep my stock head unit and replace the door speakers without amping them and still getting a better quality of sound than stock so I guess I just buy 4 speaker mounts and get 6 1/2 for the front and 6/9 for the rears and just pick whatever brand i want and plug and play
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
I am mainly looking to keep my stock head unit and replace the door speakers without amping them and still getting a better quality of sound than stock so I guess I just buy 4 speaker mounts and get 6 1/2 for the front and 6/9 for the rears and just pick whatever brand i want and plug and play
Essentially yes. For the speaker mounts, I made my own for the 6.5". I bought 3 different sets that were "supposed" to fit, and didn't. The 6x9's, however, were a perfect fit. And you will get better sound quality out of after market speakers. in my opinion, the stock speakers are pretty good, but pump out too much bass. If you are gonna get the speakers, you may want to consider a new deck as well. All the stock head units have is Bass and Treble if I remember correctly. No control over the mid range what-so-ever.

Even a $100 after market HU should be able to give you enough of an equalize to dial it in to where you want

Edit: The 6x9's are actually in the front doors. 6.5's are in the rear
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #10

I honestly dont know a thing about speakers and amp and all this stuff I am tempting to just go to a shop and tell them to replace everything and install it
Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
I honestly dont know a thing about speakers and amp and all this stuff I am tempting to just go to a shop and tell them to replace everything and install it
You'll save $150-$200 if you install it yourself. There are a hundred different tutorials on this website on how to install your soundsystem. It's incredibly easy man. I've installed 30+ for my friends and myself
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ccess-cab.html

For the rear door, he forgot to take off the bolt mounting the seatbelt to the bottom of the access door. Pop the cover off, and I think you might need some Torx bits for the bolt. But, from there it's easy.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Feel free to PM me or Post if you have any question with speakers, or install
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #15
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
i'd recommend 6.5" components in the front and 6.5 coax in the rear. If you want to run off deck power the JL tr series is a great choice for low power and they sound very nice. That is what i always recommend to my customers when they don't want to run an amp