1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 installed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by kogary, May 10, 2011.

1. May 10, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    kogary

kogary [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Indigo Ink AC, V6, auto, 4x4
    Heated drivers seat, JVC HU, Sound Ordinance compact 8" sub under passenger seat, Morimoto projectors/D25 HIDs, LED lit cupholder mod
    Hi All,

So I purchased a 2005 AC about two weeks ago, and right off the bat, I decided it needed a new stereo. The radio stations here in Denver play about 15 minutes of music and 45 minutes of commercials every hour, every day. On my last car, I used Pandora about 99% of the time and loved it, but since my Tacoma's stock stereo lacks an AUX input, I've been doing research for the past week on new head units.

After reading review after review, I finally made a decision. I just ordered a new JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 from crutchfield. It has all the features I want (AUX input, USB, and HD radio) and I was able to use the $20 off coupon that someone in a different thread mentioned (so thanks to whoever mentioned that!!!). I got it with all the necessary install stuff (free dash kit, wiring, instructions, and shipping) for $149.99.

It's supposed to get here on Friday (if I'm lucky), so I'll install it on Saturday and post some pictures. Until then, here's a description of the new unit.

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA...rch=JVC_ARSENAL_KD-AHD79_CD_Receiver&skipvs=T

[​IMG]

Next up:
    - New door speakers
    - Door sound deadening material

I like having the "back seat" area, so I decided against doing a sub. The goal is to have a nice sounding system on a relatively low budget, that looks as stock as possible.

I'll be lurking around the forum doing my research, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post them up!

Thanks for looking!

-Gary

2. May 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    kogary

kogary [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Indigo Ink AC, V6, auto, 4x4
    Heated drivers seat, JVC HU, Sound Ordinance compact 8" sub under passenger seat, Morimoto projectors/D25 HIDs, LED lit cupholder mod
    * reserved for install writeup/pictures :)

Products Discussed in

To Top