1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! bluetooth controls hookup for stock stereo

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ebolamonkey, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    Ebolamonkey

Ebolamonkey [OP] Active Member

Member:
    hello! i just bought my 2009 tacoma used private party and it just went out of 36k so im guessing its out of bumper-to-bumper warranty. i'll need assistance figuring out the following issue:

my bluetooth controls don't work on the steering wheel. the other audio controls work - volume etc. but the pickup/hangup and the voice control buttons do nothing. i'm guessing there are four possible situations here

1) volume controls were routed and the bluetooth controls were not
    2) cable is not connected at the back of the stereo
    3) cable is connected but faulty
    4) my stocks stereo blutooth is broken.

i am trying to eliminate these guys. figure out whether the cable is connected or not in the back of the stereo. getting to the back of the stock jbl stereo is no problem. everything is connected. there is one empty slot for a connection but there are no hanging cables to be found... i cant find a connection diagram for an 09+ tacoma so i don't know if that empty port is supposed to be the bluetooth controls.

any ideas? Thanks guys!

2. Jul 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    fbconvert

fbconvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Seacoast, NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    Did you ever figure this out?

One thing you might check is the tether cable from the left hand radio controls and the right hand. Maybe it came loose.

[​IMG]

Refer to the this link for procedures on removing the steering wheel cover/pad, read every step.

***MOST IMPORTANT***
    Disconnect battery and wait 90 second before touching anything. This will keep you from setting off your airbag warning light if you disconnect any part of the SRS system while removing the steering pad. It is also just good practice to do this when messing with any wiring, just disconnect the ground side of the battery.

Products Discussed in

To Top