1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need p/n for backup camera harness

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MartinNYC, May 17, 2011.

1. May 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    MartinNYC

MartinNYC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcin
    Maspeth, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Base 4x4
    I've got a 2011 regular cab, and it seems like almost all of the wiring is there for the backup camera. All the rear stuff is there, the wiring is next to the fuse box, but when I pull the driver's a-pillar cover off, the wiring terminates with an empty plug. I popped down the headliner, and the wiring is not up there either.

here's my question: does anyone have a p/n for the portion of the backup camera wiring that goes from the bottom of the driver's a-pillar to the mirror?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    82182-04011

Crom likes this.
  3. Sep 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    MartinNYC

MartinNYC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcin
    Maspeth, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Base 4x4
    thanks, i actually got it a few months back, only problem was that my truck does not have a reverse trigger, so I turn my camera on with a toggle switch and it's all good.

4. Sep 17, 2011 at 4:53 AM
    RevAdam

RevAdam Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro
    You don't have backup lights?

5. Sep 17, 2011 at 5:14 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    If you have reverse lights, which pretty much all vehicles do, then you have a reverse trigger. Shouldnt be that hard to find.

6. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    RGS

RGS Member

Member:
    MASS
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    HID, LED BLINKERS, INFINITY Q-LINK SUB, 7" HEADREST LCD LED, 7" HEADUNIT IPOD BLUETOOTH
    For me was easier to get it from behind the head unit that way you don't have to run wires through weird places and bend over backwards to get Yo them...
    It a red/white located in that big wire bundle right behind the head unit

7. May 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I have removed my tailgate because I have a slide in camper on my truck. I have the factory backup camera in the tailgate which is displayed in the rearview mirror. I unplugged the wiring harness for the camera when I removed the tailgate, and now I want to install a licence plate bracket mounted camera and connect that wiring to a male harness which will plug into the one my tailgate camera was plugged into.
    A: Will this work smoothly? I want to use an aftermarket camera in lieu of my stock one, but have it displayed in the mirror like the stock one, and
    B: Does anyone know the part number or a place I can get a male harness/connector to match my oem wiring harness?

8. May 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    bump. Anyone?

Products Discussed in

To Top