1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what to damp/deaden first

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by lbridges, May 20, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    lbridges

lbridges [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    For those of you that have applied damping materials (RAAMat, SecondSkin, etc) and products like ensolite or mass loaded vinyl, can you offer advice on which product and how placed to return the greatest improvement?

I know I have enough (RAAMat & ensolite) for the two front doors then either the back panel (behind rear seats) or the rear doors. I want to get the maximum benefit in case I can't spread it out to do all three, hence my question. Or correct me if this isn't the three most important spots.

Later on (when the money tree sprouts new leaves) I might go to floor and/or roof, and whatever I didn't get to this time.

Oh, and I don't plan to use rear fill speakers (rear doors), just want a reasonably quiet cabin along with well treated front doors.

2. May 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    lbridges

lbridges [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    OK, not an overwhelming response. I guess most people do this all at once rather than incrementally.

So, based on what I read in several postings, notably Mr Marv's, and since I haven't yet selected speakers, I think I will apply RAAMat and ensolite to the rear cabin wall today.

Products Discussed in

To Top