Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

DD dash kit w/ factory metal mounts

Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Im Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to behold
Name: who do you think
Im Nailin Palin's Tacoma Gallery
DD dash kit w/ factory metal mounts

Well I just bought the worst dash kit ever made. Ironically it's called "best kits" or something.. It's all my local shop had in stock. Well I ended up just trashing it (reqd cutting and just horrible fit finish)

So my question to you is, is there a kit that you can use the factory metal mounts and not the shitty plastic ones? Anyone doing this? Theres a scosche on amazon with good reviews
Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
you got pics? what hu you used?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
Im Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to beholdIm Nailin Palin is a splendid one to behold
Name: who do you think
Im Nailin Palin's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer p3300bt
Old 06-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I used the factory metal dash mounts with my Scosche dash kit to mount my pioneer and it is solid as a rock. Just make sure you use the yellow plastic tabs from the back of the factory radio.

I actually tried to use the plastic mounts first and the metal mounts fit much better
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I asked a similar question a while back, check this thread out...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-d-din-hu.html