Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Blu logic Small Button in Large Button Hole

Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Blu logic Small Button in Large Button Hole

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Blu Logic device that comes with the "small" button. Because I have an '08 TRD Sport, I do not have the knock outs for buttons near my cigarette lighter, only those to the left of steering wheel, which are the larger ones. Has anyone ever installed a "small" button in a "large" hole? If so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
One option would be to swap the panel out.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
smaller then this one
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
whippersnapper, yes that would be an option, but finding the panel hasn't proved to be that easy.

sheppymach, yes it appears as though the button holes below the A/C on a TRD OR are smaller than those to the left of the steering wheel.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was wondering if your blu logic button itself was smaller then mine. I hav'nt seen a "small" version of it
Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
If you need the larger button let me know, I have one since I needed the smaller one for underneath the AC area. If you pay shipping I will be glad to send it to you free of charge (other than the shipping of course)

You just swap it with the small one.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
dpinckard is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineers!
Name: Dennis
dpinckard's Tacoma Gallery
RRDave, I don't think you'll have much luck with putting the small button in the large button hole. I believe it is just small enough that it won't fit, but not enough room to easily fab anything up that looks decent. My suggestion is to take excalis up on his offer for the large button.

Excalis,
If RRDave doesn't want the large button, I'll take it. The port or dealer installed the small button in my truck and the dealer claims that's the only button available. It's a real PITA to find it in the center console while driving.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
I have shipped the large button to RRDave, hopefully it will work out for him. I hear ya on the small button location, I wish Toyota would have done something different with those buttons and AUX location, I can deal with hitting the button down there underneath but would have been better placed elsewhere.

They are almost hidden from view down there.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #10

I just found out that the small button (just a shrunk down version of mine post 4) is the pt # for the corrolla sized switch holes
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
yea, I can't say for sure, but it looks as though it's the same for the Rav4 as well. I don't know the harness etc. but I will find out this weekend when I install one in my folks Rav4.