1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eonon G2216U Experience

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cevaes, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Jun 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    the piece behind the steering wheel ;)
    I was looking on Ebay and saw item this that caught my attention.

Eonon G2216U

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/2-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/G2216.html

Its a 7" Touchscreen motorized unit it comes fully loaded for 345.00

- Navigation - Tv Turner
    - Bluetooth - Sd Card Port (up to 16 GB)
    - Ipod Control - Bluetooth media share
    - Rear camera - Steering wheel control

Everything I Need And a lot more, Any brand name radio with all this features would’ve cost me over 1K

Did some research and found out that Some “Opel” Cars (European I guess) they come with this radio from factory so it couldn’t be that bad, plus a friend of mine have one for over 3 years (older model of course) and still rocking.

I wasn’t sure of buying it but for 345.00 I decided to give it a shot. Bought it from EONON in china and it was at my door step in 3 days.

To be honest when I first installed it I didn’t really like it because I always had Pioneers and this is “Different” I didn’t know how to do anything (Don’t like to read manuals). But after 4 days of playing with it Man I love this thing, I know its not a brand name but it does what I want it to do.

The GPS is awesome and it has PIP meaning that I can watch a movie and see my GPS at the same time. I can stream music from my htc evo trough the Bluetooth and can store all my contacts in the unit phonebook. Im running it with 2 amps and this thing got some power.

Im going to put two monitors on the headrest and I can connect all 3 of them at the radio. =)

The only thing that I don’t really like it’s that in broad daylight the sun hits it pretty straight and you kind of loose vision of it. Also it sticks out pretty far (look at the pics). But cant really complain for that price.

Thought Id share this with you guys now there’s no excuse to not to have a navigation stereo ;)

Sorry for the pics but i was driving and also had to shrink them, yo can go to their webpage for more details or youtube eonon G2216

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    First off...unit looks nice and for the feature set that price is SIIIICK!

I've never heard of them so I have nothing to offer in the way of a review.

Does it stick out a significant amount or am I imagining that? Also, where the friggen hell is the speed limit 110 ANYWHERE in the USA? I need to get around more apparently...

3. Jun 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    Lol that is 110 Kms/Hr, I have to change its units, it does stick out about 1/2" on top and about 3/8" at the bottom

4. Jun 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Have you tried repositioning the mounting? Sometimes there's a little play in them to allow you to move them in and out a bit. Might be worth a shot.

5. Jun 6, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    ok i will try, i have to take it out because i forgot to plug the TV antenna in, i have a question, i have 2 10" kenwood but right not they sitting on my back seat because the enclosure is too big for his truck, (I had it in the trunk of mi highlander).
    im looking to buy a enclosure for this 2 subs but dont want to do a lot of ripping what do you recommend me? also i need space to put 2 amps (Big amps) =(.

i saw on ebay a couple but i had to destroy the whole thing, which i will only do as a last option.

*****BTW this is a double cab*******

6. Jun 7, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    Yes i bought a Schoche kit from ebay for 14 bucks, and thats it, its a really simple task, take the old one out, hook up all connections install the radio in the new bezel and put all back it, no modifications or harm to the vehicle at all.

The maps are up to date because i just had my house built and that was my first task, put my address in and it found me right away. can do 3D or 2D.

yeah i will buy to headrest w/ monitors because have two kids and its better if they have something to do back there, otherwise its kind of a less quieter ride :D

Pictures of the ride are coming soon, i just want to have everything ready, the decals I waited 4 days to put them on and somehow they stuck to the plastic that they come in and it was a pain in the rear to pull them out, did my best but still messed them up =/ but installed them anyways.

7. Oct 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    skiracer0112

skiracer0112 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver Double Cab 6-speed TRD OR
    I found this old thread while trying to research this unit and was wondering if a few months later you were still happy with this headunit and if you might have some pics of it installed as the ones in your opening post have broken links. Any input on the unit is operating is greatly appreciated as well as info about how easy it is to get it to integrate with the existing system (steering wheel controls, and JBL Sound, and backup camera especially). Thanks

8. Oct 19, 2011 at 3:54 AM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    I still have it and it works just as fine as the first day i bought it, it has a couple of bad things like a purple line with Chinese letter that will appear on one menu (a glitch) also the preset stations are erased sometimes but i never listen to radio, so none of that bothers me, im even thinking about buying me another one for my CRV =), and yes i would recommend it, for that price you just cant go wrong. as far as the steering wheel controls you will need a adapter (about 45 on ebay) also for the camera, most ppl they just buy another camera and install it at the same time theyre installing the unit. ths unit does have a steering wheel option i just didnt know how to plug it in =/ if you find out let me know.

if need more info just ask =)

9. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    skiracer0112

skiracer0112 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver Double Cab 6-speed TRD OR
    Thanks for the info! I was a little suspicious of these units as I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for but it sounds like in this case that it is a great deal on a full featured head unit.

10. Oct 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    FevaDawg

FevaDawg Member

Member:
    Haiku, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 V6 4x4 TRD Offroad
    WeatherTech, TracRack, Maglight mount
    Can you repost the pics? All your images are broken...
    Was lookin at their D2216 but I don't want something that is gonna stick out noticably!
    If the units are basically the same (one w/ GPS the other w/o, and a D instead of a G :D) then these pics (crappy or not) will be a good sell point for me.

11. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:12 AM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    Sure No problem i will probably tomorrow morning, I'm not driving it today
    But it does stick out i don't know If i didn't installed properly (did it myself).

12. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    cevaes

cevaes [OP] TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    Lol, 4got the pics but im still rocking like new a little bit over a year

Products Discussed in