Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

how much tis too much

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
how much is too much

so im thinking of putting this setup in my truck ... my main question is this .. is it going to be too much for the back of an access cab ? and another question... is that a good enough amp to run that ?

boxhttp://subthump.com/Toyota-Sub-Boxes...nfire-Box.html

sub
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...SWX-1043D.html

amp
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PT1-3200D.html
Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
There is never too much bump, and that thing will slam real hard... Besides, you can adjust the base level with the bass knob. As far as that amp, i am not sure of that brand, but yes that should push the sub just fine. Make sure to get an amp wiring kit!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i actually already have the wiring to the back of my truck .. so it will be as simple as putting it in .. im currently running a infinity basslink T ... it will be a nice upgrade and free up space in the back
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
That will be a nice upgrade, do you know what gauge the wire is that you have ran? I'm sure lots of other people will advise on the amp in the morning.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #5

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i don't remember what gauge i ran , and i can't really look because it's quite a ways away, any idea of a minimum i should have ?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
That amp will NEVER make that amount of power. You'll have to trust me on this. Also, that Type X is a very inefficient sub that NEEDS a lot of power to reach it's potential. Why not get something more efficient?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #7

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
My internet sucks...
Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #8

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
after quite a bit of reading i think i'm going to go with the alpine MRP M-1000, would that be of a wiser choice ?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #9

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
As far as the wiring goes, 4 gauge would be the safest, for both hot and ground, along with an 80-100 amp fuse at the battery. Im pretty sure this is correct but wait for some experts to say...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
If you're running over 1000 watts RMS on your amp, I wouldn't run a 4 gauge cable more than 8'. Your good if you go from the battery through the firewall an mount the amp under the drivers seat, but if the amp is taller than 2.5" it won't fit under there. Plan and measure out EVERYTHING before you spend your hard earned money. If ItalynStalion says look at another option for a sub, listen to him. Dude knows what he's talking about.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Crownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of light
Crownedcustoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
That amp will NEVER make that amount of power. You'll have to trust me on this. Also, that Type X is a very inefficient sub that NEEDS a lot of power to reach it's potential. Why not get something more efficient?

X2
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Crownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of light
Crownedcustoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
after quite a bit of reading i think i'm going to go with the alpine MRP M-1000, would that be of a wiser choice ?
Much better choice!