Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

What do i need to set up my Stereo

Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Mike8016 is on a distinguished road
Mike8016's Tacoma Gallery
What do i need to set up my Stereo

I am buying a Car Stereo for my truck. What else do i need besides the stereo.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Dash Kit & Toyota Wiring harness.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Crutchfield is the best place to buy the stereo. They give you everything you will need FREE. Wiring harness, Dash Kit, & installation instructions, along with Free Shipping. I paid $140 or so for my Pioneer DEH-6300UB & $70 for the steering wheel controller. Worth every penny!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1306300...300UB&skipvs=T
Old 06-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
What ^ he said.

You also need 1/3 common sense. If you lack that, refer back to this forum.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The one you are looking at on Amazon is just $10 more on Crutchfield, but you get the $40 dash kit & $20 wiring harness included along with free shipping.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1301300...300MP&skipvs=T
Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get a HU with an aux port if I were you, beats the hell out of those iPod radio transmitters as far as sound quality, and flipping through a CD book, as far as its the year 2011 goes.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery

On Friday I installed my Pioneer DEH-6300UB from Crutchfield. Super easy! Crutchfield's instructions were great when it came to the wiring. I soldered all my wiring & installed the steering controller also. From start to finish it took me 6 hours. Mostly because this was my first stereo install & I was taking my time. Took an hour trouble shooting the steering controll adapter, to realize I connected a wrong wire. Should have been Green/Orange & I hooked Orange/Green up. Easy fix & everything works great! Much louder than the stock stereo.

Like Bradley said if you have any sense it is relativley easy. At one point I thought I was over my head. But I pushed forward & completed it. I am very pleased with my work.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
I'd get a HU with an aux port if I were you, beats the hell out of those iPod radio transmitters as far as sound quality, and flipping through a CD book, as far as its the year 2011 goes.
Yeah the one I bought plays well with ipod & iphone. Even though I have neither. The best thing is the usb port where you can play music off a flash drive.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
Mike8016 is on a distinguished road
Mike8016's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
The one you are looking at on Amazon is just $10 more on Crutchfield, but you get the $40 dash kit & $20 wiring harness included along with free shipping.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1301300...300MP&skipvs=T
Thanks Alot