Notices

Pioneer - DEH-7300BT: Replacement for stock

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer - DEH-7300BT: Replacement for stock

I recently got a dash kit from TacoTunes (for doing a review for him). I want to install an aftermarket unit, but will not be installing any amps or subwoofers. I currently am running these speakers:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 6 X 9's (Front) - http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...9446672&sr=8-1

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1653 6.5's (Rear) - http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...d_bxgy_e_img_b

My question is simple. Will upgrading to the following unit get me a better sound? More power? Can I still use the steering wheel volume and mode controls?

Here is the Pioneer head unit I want to get (Bluetooth streaming) for $170 at BestBuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+...&skuId=1733099
Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand, you will always get better sound from installing an aftermarket head unit. This has been the case with me, and the three vehicles I have owned and installed stereos in. Stock head units put out about half the power of aftermarkets, if that... though as far as I know, our Tacomas have a factory amp, so maybe the power is a little higher.

Regardless, you will get better sound and be able to "tune" your sound a lot better with aftermarket.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it should give you a little bit more power over stock and should provide you with better sound.
You will need an aftermarket harness in order to make the steering wheel controls function with the new unit. PAC makes one.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys like that Pioneer deck?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
Do you guys like that Pioneer deck?
I'm very happy with my Pioneer radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
My question is simple. Will upgrading to the following unit get me a better sound? More power? Can I still use the steering wheel volume and mode controls?
I just installed a Pioneer deck 6300UB & it is 3 or 4 times louder than the factory deck. I can actually hear it when on the interstate with the windows down.

You have to buy an extra piece for the steering control to work. But it is easy to install. & it self programs. I think it was just 3 wires I had to splice in with the radio.

Crutchfield makes it easy by supplying the step by step installation, a free wiring harness & free dash kit.

This is what I got from Crutchfield:
120ASWC Metra ASWC Auto Sensing Steering Wheel Cntrl Intrface $69

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC...ailed_info#Tab

Pioneer DEH-6300UB CD Receiver $149

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1306300...ailed_info#Tab
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket will sound better then factory forsure. I'm with genxer on Crutchfield, there a great company to work with so if you don't buy from Best Buy, buy from there.

Also, how do those speakers sound?

Products Discussed in this Thread