Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Magellan GPS help

Old 10-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Magellan GPS help

Any of you have a fair amount of experience making a POI file for a Magellan Maestro unit?

I bought 1 yesterday at Costco and I've been trying to build a POI file showing FlyingJ truck stops. After about 15 tries I still can't get it to work. Keep getting an error telling me the latitude info is wrong.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not a fan of the Magellans, honestly i'd take it back and buy a Garmin. i use google earth (the free one) and this program called easyGPS http://www.easygps.com/ to copy all of my points and trips to my handheld and vice versa, even if you decide to keep it maybe this progam will help you
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I am not familiar with Magellan devices. I too am a Garmin fan. I have made several POI files for the garmin. Are the Magellan POI files simply a CSV file (a text file with values separated with commas, one POI per line)? If so, I can help you. Send me a PM. I will have you email me your POI file so I can see what is wrong with it...