1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by oregon.country, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    oregon.country

oregon.country [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mackenzie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 TRD Black
    Level kit, and rancho coil over shocks.
    Alright so looking at getting a alarm system and stereo system put in my 2002 xtra cab and got quoted on some stuff. I felt the quote was pretty high, but I really don't know anything about audio or the alarm system So the alarm system was the viper security system. The deck was just a alpine am/fm cd w/usb, I would run the hertz speakers, and a rockford punch amp. I'm not sure what model anything was but they guy told me its the best for the money. I was wondering what everyone thought about these products and if they had any other recommendations for a good stereo system and alarm.

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    All the products you mentioned are from companies (Viper, Alpine, Hertz & Rockford) that produce good solid products. For example, Hertz speakers, IMO, tend to have a "laid-back" sound from the tweeters, something I personally like; however someone who wants to hear every detail in a "bright" system might tend toward Focal speakers.

I don't think without knowing models that anyone could comment on whatever quote you received. Certainly best for the money is a subjective consideration. If you are paying list prices for the equipment and then adding install on top of that, then I think you deserve to either hear the product in a similar vehicle before committing good money, or get it in writing that they will yank it all out with full credit trade-in value (refund is not likely, but you can always ask) if you don't like the final product.

Products Discussed in

To Top